bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZeWarrior said:
abbadab said:
whys silver so much more popular than gold?!? i dont get it...

Why was Ruby more popular than Sapphire? Why was FireRed more popular than LeafGreen? Diamond than Pearl?

ya why?
is it because they are newer!! or something
unsure.gif

i think becuase thats the way it is and thats the way it should be!!!!!
closedeyes.gif

Supamario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wats an AP?
huh.gif

and when i put the AKAIO 1.6 on my acekard, i have to start new games on them. Is this supposed to happen? HELP?!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
abbadab said:

Why was Ruby more popular than Sapphire? Why was FireRed more popular than LeafGreen? Diamond than Pearl?

I think it just has to do with the boxart/character and the color/name. Unless you're a dedicated fan, chances are you won't be buying based off exclusives in the game. Personally I think from a buying point, Silver looks much more appealing, Most will agree Lugia looks cooler then Ho-Oh. (Although I own Gold). Same for Ruby (I had Sapphire lol) Firered, (I had Leafgreen). So IMO it's the character and name that make the popularity, since each game in the generation is about the same. (minus Yellow, crystal etc)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Supamario said:
wats an AP?
huh.gif

and when i put the AKAIO 1.6 on my acekard, i have to start new games on them. Is this supposed to happen? HELP?!
AP = Anti Piracy, it's the reason games sometimes don't work until an update/fix is released that bypasses the Anti Piracy checks.

And you need to make sure that your saved games are .sav, not .SAV. Just rename them.

unopepito06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
abbadab said:

I think it's something to do with basic psychology, and symbolism. From what I've heard/seen recently, and also 10 years ago when Gold/Silver originally released, people were picking up Gold alot more than Silver. I assumed it was the idea of it: people consider gold to be more valuable/better than silver in real life. Same thing with Diamond being more popular than Pearl, because people associate it with being more valuable/better. For red and blue, all I can think is that red is the favorite color of alot more people than blue. Also, red is more recognizable and easier seen by the human eye, and most people are easily transfixed by the color red (and yellow, and orange as well). The same with Ruby/Sapphire.

I dunno, that's just my thoughts. But I've been thinking about it alot lately
laugh.gif

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Small tidbit of info for anyone who picked up a copy for the Pokewalker.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yell...from_April_1-30
QUOTE said:
distribution date for the Yellow Forest Pokéwalker Route was also provided. The Route will be available via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection from April 1-30.

*snip*

The Yellow Forest will allow players to capture Pikachu that know moves they would not normally know. These include male Pikachu that know Fly and female ones that know Surf.
Really looking forward to this, I was hoping they'd make it available to us somehow and they went the easiest route!
yaynds.gif

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
InuYasha said:
Theres a new beta FW for the cyclo 1.58 beta 2,anyone test it with pokemon yet?
So far, no one has encountered freezes yet with the new Beta. But it's fairly new and people haven't had much time to test it yet.

stick4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mm from what i see people dont get random freeze's or black screens but i do
frown.gif
i tried the clean rom (with ys-menu) it worked fine for a bit then it started randomly blacking out (i use a r4sdhc (2gb) i also tried it without ysmenu still freeze's (firmware 1.25) ) please someone give me the right heartgold (patched or whatsoever) for my r4sdhc and tell me which firmware i need becouse the game is wonderfull not that the pokemon fights are fun but the adventures mini games and the art is incredible (example your first gym bosses city is awesome at night time try it looks wonderfull please help me someone save me =D)

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stick4 said:
frown.gif
i tried the clean rom (with ys-menu) it worked fine for a bit then it started randomly blacking out (i use a r4sdhc (2gb) i also tried it without ysmenu still freeze's (firmware 1.25) ) please someone give me the right heartgold (patched or whatsoever) for my r4sdhc and tell me which firmware i need becouse the game is wonderfull not that the pokemon fights are fun but the adventures mini games and the art is incredible (example your first gym bosses city is awesome at night time try it looks wonderfull please help me someone save me =D)
we are all geting a random freeze!
as for me it is not random i know when it freezes to me . after 3 event only...
thats why i cant play the rom now
hate2.gif

Azoth2090

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stick4 said:
frown.gif

I'm sorry to inform you but...

Sorrytoimformyoubut.png

Anyways, I'm getting my copy today or tomorrow.

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Azoth2090 said:
stick4 said:
frown.gif

Sorrytoimformyoubut.png

it is good that the rom is already availiable in U.S.A

stick4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bultmus said:
stick4 said:
frown.gif
hate2.gif

o-o which event? you mean after you defeat the 3rd gym boss then try to go to next town? that happens to me to but i get it also randomly how do i make it stop freezing randomly plz tell me your flashcard or what firmware is the best for r4sdhc (firmware version etc)

Azoth2090 said:
QUOTE(stick4 @ Mar 15 2010, 11:59 AM)
frown.gif

Sorrytoimformyoubut.png

DID YOU JUST SAY.....
Sorrytoimformyoubut.png

omg impossible i mean ppl are pro with roms they even translated roms and from how it looks like that is way harder than making a AP patch for hg/ss but it was made earlier right on the jap version o-o? and i live in europe so il have to wait
frown.gif
and it might cost 60 eu in holland (about 82 dollars!!!) plus i dont even have a decent job im 15 so im paid 3 eu (about 4.20$) per hour.
frown.gif

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stick4 said:
bultmus said:
stick4 said:
frown.gif
hate2.gif

o-o which event? you mean after you defeat the 3rd gym boss then try to go to next town? that happens to me to but i get it also randomly how do i make it stop freezing randomly plz tell me your flashcard or what firmware is the best for r4sdhc (firmware version etc)

Azoth2090 said:
QUOTE(stick4 @ Mar 15 2010, 11:59 AM)
frown.gif

Sorrytoimformyoubut.png

DID YOU JUST SAY.....
Sorrytoimformyoubut.png

omg impossible i mean ppl are pro with roms they even translated roms and from how it looks like that is way harder than making a AP patch for hg/ss but it was made earlier right on the jap version o-o? and i live in europe so il have to wait
frown.gif
and it might cost 60 eu in holland (about 82 dollars!!!) plus i dont even have a decent job im 15 so im paid 3 eu (about 4.20$) per hour.
frown.gif

New DS games cost €40 to €45 in the Netherlands you damn liar.

D

Deleted_171835

bultmus said:
ZeWarrior said:
abbadab said:

ya why?
unsure.gif

closedeyes.gif
The popular title always seems to have a name that's more suited to males according to stereotypes. Pearl is associated with pink while Diamond is associated with blue. Blue obviously is considered to be the more male-ish colour so it gets higher sales.

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atomic Revolution said:
bultmus said:
ZeWarrior said:
abbadab said:

ya why?
unsure.gif

closedeyes.gif
The popular title always seems to have a name that's more suited to males according to stereotypes. Pearl is associated with pink while Diamond is associated with blue. Blue obviously is considered to be the more male-ish colour so it gets higher sales.

and another thought, diamonds are more expensive than pearls
smile.gif

stick4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lube_Skyballer said:
RedHero said:

Yeah, and if you search hard enough, you can even find it for around 35 euros. What a lameass

omg why would i lie i bought pokemon diamond (original) like a week after it was relesed for 50 eu at intertoys (now it costs 35 or somethin) and it was without no cheap-ass poke-walker its made with 2 bucks and they sell it for 10 so it might be 60 eu in nl ok and if im right im gonna rub it in the whole D*mned year becouse you people call me a liar!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya