DS #4746: PokÃmon Version Or HeartGold (France)

pizza4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In case you guys don't know, this time around they are releasing the game in both English and French versions in Canada. I saw the two different versions in some Canadian online shop and both were listed with the March 14 release dat. The boxart of the French Canadian version is also slightly different to the European French version. Its Wi-Fi logo is actually at the bottom and at the top of the Nintendo DS system logo there's a notice stating it's the French version of the game or so. (It looks like a speech bubble and has a "Fr" in it or so)
I think that explains it. If this is a dump of a European French game (I'm not sure if there will actually be a difference in the data), it's not surprising either imho, seeing how the Official Nintendo Magazine UK posted about unboxing their review copies before IGN did.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pizza4D said:
In case you guys don't know, this time around they are releasing the game in both English and French versions in Canada. I saw the two different versions in some Canadian online shop and both were listed with the March 14 release dat. The boxart of the French Canadian version is also slightly different to the European French version. Its Wi-Fi logo is actually at the bottom and at the top of the Nintendo DS system logo there's a notice stating it's the French version of the game or so. (It looks like a speech bubble and has a "Fr" in it or so)
I think that explains it. If this is a dump of a European French game (I'm not sure if there will actually be a difference in the data), it's not surprising either imho, seeing how the Official Nintendo Magazine UK posted about unboxing their review copies before IGN did.
Hah, the bubble made me laugh.
Btw, you know what's kinda sad? http://twitpic.com/10a3zu they got the German game some weeks ago
tongue.gif

Sometimes I wish they would have dumped it somehow and ninjalike
ph34r.gif
bwahahahaha

@Topic: well it's too bad that canada got the game before USA, but it cannot be helped. I'm looking forward to the US and EU Releases
biggrin.gif

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So huh, what's more important than the fact that this is the French version is the fact that it apparently also has anti-piracy protection, which may be similar to the Japanese one.

Which means that the U version will very likely have the same thing.

Anyone who's patient enough, could you try testing the patches for the Japanese versions on this French one?

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a question to European users here. (except English)
Do you actually prefer games and/or software in your langugae?
I always prefer English. I even switched Win7 language to English from Turkish.

sabresfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awdofgum said:
dansparrow said:
Awdofgum said:
I thought the USA version of HeartGold would have been done today but it looks as if the dumper has had some issues.
Well, there's no real reason to think it will be out today or even tomorrow. Lots of game have been found in other languages like french or german several days before the english version. So people can just wait and see if someone has also that game, and not only the french version.

Yes, but I found a blog of someone who is working on dumping it.

where might i find this blog

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
do you actually get to fight pokemon battles in this version? or is there just the option "surrender"?

Dizigen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZenZero said:
do you actually get to fight pokemon battles in this version? or is there just the option "surrender"?

You can fight but your pokemon's resistances to everything is automatically terrible; moreover should you choose to surrender, you will automatically get the option of complaining about your recent loss to the rest of the world for the next 2000 years =D

just kidding! i love the french ^^

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Dizigen said:
ZenZero said:

You can fight but your pokemon's resistances to everything is automatically terrible; moreover should you choose to surrender, you will automatically get the option of complaining about your recent loss to the rest of the world for the next 2000 years =D

just kidding! i love the french ^^

I dont

Occult Tech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No AP on this, just as there was no AP on the Japanese version, and there was no AP on the Korean version, either.

The Korean versions of DS games are designed to only run on Korean DS', or so I have been lead to believe. Something to do with the hardware-based language support, I believe.

Gonna potter about on this until the English release drops, as my French is nearly good enough lol

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Houou said:
Hahaha, over 10000 ratings for this release.
I really doubt it was more than 10000 who voted for this. Most likely it was someone abusing the voting system to make it look like a great game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)