GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
People are dumping shovelware back to back but yet no one has bothered to dump Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.

I don't understand people sometimes.
how is this shovelware? just because you don't like chess its automatically shovelware? lol

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
This might be interesting if it includes advanced chess tactics. Does anyone know if it's just for beginners learning to play for the first time or if it's also for advanced players?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
This might be interesting if it includes advanced chess tactics. Does anyone know if it's just for beginners learning to play for the first time or if it's also for advanced players?
apparently its supposed to have training exercises to allow beginners to learn how to play and it also has a way for advanced players to jump right in and be challenged

QUOTETrain and master the game of chess with the greatest of ease on your Nintendo DS with Learn Chess. Learn the rules, tactics and strategies of Chess through different exercises. All the game modes are accessible right from the start allowing experienced players to test their skills immediately.

thats what it says on IGN

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Chanser said:
They have no obligation to release it, so don't complain. You could release it yourself.

I'm just saying.

syko5150 said:
CyrusBlue said:
People are dumping shovelware back to back but yet no one has bothered to dump Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.

how is this shovelware? just because you don't like chess its automatically shovelware? lol

I like Chess alot but this is shovelware. This is the fifth "Learn to play Chess" - "game" on the DS and that's only counting the ones that were dumped.

Wikipedia
Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness.

The term "shovelware" has more recently been used in a more general sense by video game reviewers to indicate any product of disappointingly low quality due to a lack of time and effort by the developers.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
Chanser said:
They have no obligation to release it, so don't complain. You could release it yourself.

I'm just saying.

syko5150 said:
CyrusBlue said:

I like Chess alot but this is shovelware. This is the fifth "Learn to play Chess" - "game" on the DS and that's only counting the ones that were dumped.

Wikipedia
Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness.

The term "shovelware" has more recently been used in a more general sense by video game reviewers to indicate any product of disappointingly low quality due to a lack of time and effort by the developers.
but they are actually quite informative and this one could be different then the other games some chess games really suck and some are great...

also by what you just quoted pokemon could be labeled as shovelware because they keep doing the same thing over and over its just an over popular shovelware lol

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
but they are actually quite informative and this one could be different then the other games some chess games really suck and some are great...

also by what you just quoted pokemon could be labeled as shovelware because they keep doing the same thing over and over its just an over popular shovelware lol

Here here!

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What if you know chess but only need to figure out how to beat a certain strategy, anyway? Like, this dude I played chess against once had a really random strategy that really can't be emulated by a game....... But I couldn't beat him, so I need to learn how to beat his strategy.

Would this game be able to help with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol