Hello everyone! Eager to learn

AStrkl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there! Happy to be here, I've been a lurker for many years but finally decided to start posting :ha:

I'm a game dev with 10+ years of experience, worked in AAA for a while, and ended up working on my indie games. Recently I've been super interested in taking on romhacking as a hobby, and this forum has always been a great learning resource.

I've been doing some simple NES and Gamebody translation on my own, and I'm starting to dabble in 3DS right now, but it's getting very hard so I want to ask the help of users here

So once again, Hello! :bow:

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I'm a game dev with 10+ years of experience, worked in AAA for a while, and ended up working on my indie games.
Wow! You're off to a fantastic start then. You've joined one of the bets communities to talk about modding and stuff.
super interested in taking on romhacking as a hobby,
Someday I'd like to get into rom hacking too but I don't know which is harder: working with AAA, making an indie game, making a fangame, or a rom hack

AStrkl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! You're off to a fantastic start then. You've joined one of the bets communities to talk about modding and stuff.

Someday I'd like to get into rom hacking too but I don't know which is harder: working with AAA, making an indie game, making a fangame, or a rom hack

I would say its all equally hard, but what matter is making something you like!
So far AAA has been my least favorite experience, but I did learn a ton! Indie game is great to learn a bit of everything!

So far Romhacking has been great to learn very low level stuff, and learn more about how software in general work!

Reactions: AncientBoi

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I would say its all equally hard, but what matter is making something you like!
So far AAA has been my least favorite experience, but I did learn a ton! Indie game is great to learn a bit of everything!

So far Romhacking has been great to learn very low level stuff, and learn more about how software in general work!
I see. I think that I'll take the indie game approach. I've done a bunch of work to get the game in it's roots and all that is needed is to start working on the game after I've strengthen my Javascript skills first.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1699201157671.png

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat