DS #4708: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (USA)

PlutonPress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drak said:
42 pages for a kart game... really? Don't get me wrong, Mario Kart is probably the game I played the most on the DS. Still, sorry but, I don't understand.

Just don't play. Some people are actually looking for this game.

And also, this is pretty much MKDS with Sonic slapped on it.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Drak said:
42 pages for a kart game... really? Don't get me wrong, Mario Kart is probably the game I played the most on the DS. Still, sorry but, I don't understand.

'Cause this is the closest thing Mario Kart has to serious competition and it's pretty damn good. It plays like Mario Kart but with the loops and banks of Speed Racer. With the added bonus that the online isn't plagued by snakers like Mario Kart. It seems to be primarily made up of newbs at the moment. I had a race against someone called Bone Chill a while ago and I lapped the guy. I've got the Outrunner achievement to prove it. Takes a while to find a match but I'm sure once word spreads this will see quite a few people playing. Give it a try, it's highly enjoyable.

Drak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Never said anything about me not liking the game. Just said something about the game getting 42 pages, but I think elixirdream got that cleared up. Thank you.

And I guess I'll give it a try.

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
did anyone found a way to make it work on dstt/ttds yet.
I wana play it
ahhhhhhhhhh i think i will get a wii version
yaywii.gif
. but then i want it on my ds too
gba.gif
unsure.gif

for us that have ttds/dstt plz guys try to find a way i have tried to work it in ysmenu ... serchead in google ... etc.
i am getting tired of it
hate2.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
Come on. Get a life...You're the person who's hanging around in a release thread for an anticipated game telling people what they should or should not personally think of it... and you're telling somebody else to get a life because their opinion differs from yours?

QUOTE(berlinka @ Feb 27 2010, 05:43 PM) oh and please don't even reply on this 'cause it ain't worth it. I'm going to have the last word and that's final, because god forbid anybody have a different opinion than me.
I never would have guessed you're 35, you have the same sort of intolerance for differing views as 65-year olds (and kids at a playground, but they're underdeveloped so that's excusable up to a certain age).

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DarkWay said:
I'd love to be able to enjoy this game to but so far I haven't found a way to get it to work on my EDGE card I may give the PC version a bash (there is a PC version right?)
ph34r.gif

The PC verion is supposed to be very good graphic wise, and maybe even smoother then the PS3 and XBox360 version, however it completely lacks any multiplayer option.....
I don't really care about multiplayer, but I recognize it's quite a nice addition to a game like this.
I still didn't aquire the whole game, I'm stuck at 22% for the PC version and I'm living tomorrow ( I'll be on vacation in Miami for 10 days ) so I guess the game will have to wait ......

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Drak said:
Never said anything about me not liking the game. Just said something about the game getting 42 pages, but I think elixirdream got that cleared up. Thank you.

seriously, give this game a try
smile.gif

guys are going crazy on IRC about this game
the wifi is pretty fun
at least it is not spoilt like mario kart
tongue.gif

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
Drak said:

smile.gif

the wifi is pretty fun
tongue.gif

unsure.gif
by what way is it not spoilt. do you mean that people cant make hacks like mario kart wii.
seriously mkwii hackers make me think of breaking the wii
hate2.gif

Rm88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, the ARM7 fix doesn't work for me, the "fixed.nds" file is always around 4MB and it never works with my M3 Real. It's a shame, I was really anticipating this game >_>

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
bultmus said:
elixirdream said:
Drak said:

smile.gif

the wifi is pretty fun
tongue.gif

unsure.gif
by what way is it not spoilt. do you mean that people cant make hacks like mario kart wii.
seriously mkwii hackers make me think of breaking the wii
hate2.gif

well.. since the game is NEW
and it is not that easy for the mass to make codes via emulator (for the time being)
so i will assume this game could be pretty clean
tongue.gif

anyway, i will not talk to much about how to hack the wifi codes

another thing would be... we don't support wifi codes
smile.gif

hence you won't see any of those wifi codes that i might have being available

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drak said:

I'll run down the list, then, so you can get a clearer picture:

1. Drought on DS.
2. Sonic (and SEGA) in the title.
3. It's a kart racer.
4. People can't get it to work. This last element is key. See, pirates don't like it when publishers put shit in there to keep them from playing their games. It forces them to take more of an interest in something. Of course, the game is actually good, and the last time we've had a good kart racer on DS was...well, when Mario grabbed all his buddies and did his thing. If you were following the thread, however, you would have noticed that everything sort of died down once a fix was in for most cards. People got what they wanted, lost interest and moved on to the next thing.

Forty-two pages later, and here we are. Got it now?
wink.gif

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone who is bitching about waiting, have some fucking patience, it's your choice not to buy the game. If you want to bitch, go out and buy the game instead of complaining (Yes I complained a little in this topic, call me a hypocrite all you want). Waiting longer is the price of not paying. Deal with it.

smashbro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one was bitching. I can wait for it. I own a dstt, and even if this games never gets patched for big deal. I just want the new yu-gi-oh game to get dumped. Though I wouldn't mind playing this. Luminous Ark 1 and 2 is keeping me busy as well as Ragnarok (private server). Also got NHL 10. Man i am over loaded with games lol.

Also, I was wondering about something for the game. When you play wifi whats it like in terms of people in it. Is it all people (real) or are there Cpu?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd upload a patch for this for people who are having trouble with the ARM7 fix, but because of the way the fix works, the patch itself will be as large as the ROM and be of questionable legality since it contains data for most of the ROM, and not just a few small changes like normal patches.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rm88 said:
Ugh, the ARM7 fix doesn't work for me, the "fixed.nds" file is always around 4MB and it never works with my M3 Real. It's a shame, I was really anticipating this game >_>
if that doesnt work just do it the manual way via dslazy thats what i did with the ace attorney investigation usa arm7 and it works on my m3i zero with latest sakura

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: