Yeah,the cover should be fixed asap.

BudFern

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No offense meant here, but what is scale used to compute an average game? 1-15? If it is 1-10, an average game should really be 4.5-5.5
smile.gif

Wankare said:
Its about a little Alien that was Living on Earth and you help him get back home
biggrin.gif

its a puzzler
and its an average game i give it a 8.7

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird,I saw were Chanser said he changed the box art,I was like "No he did not.." So I deleted my Cache and it made the image the American box art. I should delete that more often.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
BudFern said:
No offense meant here, but what is scale used to compute an average game? 1-15? If it is 1-10, an average game should really be 4.5-5.5
smile.gif

Wankare said:
Its about a little Alien that was Living on Earth and you help him get back home
biggrin.gif

its a puzzler
I disagree Budfern. The lower ratings are usually given to the games that have no functionality or are ridiculously unstable. Usually, from 0 to 10 it goes Crap - Poor - Good - Amazing.

Based on this, I also disagree with Wankare about this game being a 8.7 if we have the same definitions of average. Games rarely go above a 9 out of 10 so a game rated 8.7 must be pretty good. If this is average like he says, it would be around 7.

Then again, the definitions of these words in gaming terms vary from place to place so my whole post may be inaccurate.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
The storyline is actually a little weirder than just "alien wants to get home."

You are an alien working in a partnership: you steal stars from each level and your partner sells them on an alien eBay called UFObay.

I'm really surprised that they went to so much effort to add personality and little bits of humor like that to the in-between level scenes. It really adds to the game along with its very distinctive art style.

At 32 megs, it's not the best "Keep it around for a rainy day" game in terms of how much space it'll take up, but I gladly deleted some older games like Treasure World for it.

BudFern

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know it's common to give average games a 7ish rating. Most (if not all) the games magazines I have read do the same. I was just thinking in terms of statistics - bell curves, et al.... We seem to give crappy games a wider range to be judged in. If this game is an average "good" game then I can see the rating being higher.
smile.gif
Like any of this matters anyways. lol Man I need a life!

[/quote]
I disagree Budfern. The lower ratings are usually given to the games that have no functionality or are ridiculously unstable. Usually, from 0 to 10 it goes Crap - Poor - Good - Amazing.

Based on this, I also disagree with Wankare about this game being a 8.7 if we have the same definitions of average. Games rarely go above a 9 out of 10 so a game rated 8.7 must be pretty good. If this is average like he says, it would be around 7.

Then again, the definitions of these words in gaming terms vary from place to place so my whole post may be inaccurate.
[/quote]

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
What would an average game's score be? For me I usually think that an average game is rated 5.5-6.5. but that's just me.
wink2.gif

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Icey said:
This is USA.

:WRONG:
This... Is... Spartaaaaaaaaaa!!!

OK, i guess that was a bad joke, but my head hurts from playing way too many hours of Lego Rock Band
wacko.gif

But anyway... Im gonna get this for my lil' cousin, but try it out myself first, it looks kinda fun...

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone remember Amiga Power magazine, back in the day? If a game was average they'd give it a score of around 50-60 out of 100, and truly terrible games would earn single-digit scores. That meant that if a game scored 90+ -- hell, if it scored over 80 -- you knew it was worth playing. But sites like IGN etc. have inflated review scores to the point where, for example, a reviewer has accusations of anti-PS3 bias levelled at them for "only" giving Uncharted 2 a score of 9.3/10. So yeah, 8.7 isn't the score you would give an "average" game in my book, but then again 7 isn't either. [/rant]

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave it a few minutes of play and turned it off. It's just boring, honestly. Way too slow paced, not to mention a lot of the time you have no clue where the next wire is because it's hidden between the 2 screens. I'll probably delete it off there when I have the chance.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
You can move the camera using the D-Pad at anytime.

I was annoyed by wires being "hidden" by the split in the screens, too, until I found that out.

I guess games like this are what you make of it. This is not really an action game as much as a puzzler. GoGoCosmic Cops was the other extreme of this game play mechanic and a full on almost platforming game with puzzle attributes.

It's not going to win any year end awards for sure but I think it's definitely a step up from the new IP shovelware we've been getting lately like Marker Man Adventures. At least in this case it's playable.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wankare said:
biggrin.gif

its a puzzler

...you give average games 8.5+ scores?

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Raika said:
What would an average game's score be? For me I usually think that an average game is rated 5.5-6.5. but that's just me.
wink2.gif

yea around that mainly 6.5-7 is average and 8+ is awesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4