1. Overlord Nadrian

Banned

Belgium
    I completely agree with you. Typing numerals in a word when you're typing with a keyboard just makes you (look like) a troll.

2. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    This game is actually what I was expecting! [​IMG]
    Good game for a DS!
    Everyone saw the videos on IGN (or, somewhere else). You could already expect a game like this!
    Mixing Doom, Quake, and Counter Strike == C.O.R.E.

Seriously, the guys that says the controls sux >>> It means your DS SUX! Calibrate your system or go to a doc if you are too cripled to play the game

I played it before I read any of the comments here... honestly: THIS IS THE BEST FPS GAME ON THE DS YET! GREAT GAME!

Also remember, this is No Way's FIRST (DS) game!

Watch the credits guys before talking BULLSHIT! There are ONLY A COUPLE persons who made this game!
    How many people involved MP:H and CoD!??!?!?!

THIS IS A SUPERB GAME DONE BY A SMALL TEAM!
    Hope that they will make a next version (or a similair game) of CORE!

Keep up the good work No Way team!

And for all the kiddos that "are following others users comments like sheeps": Go F*ck urself...

CORE: 8/10

period!

3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Erm, you shouldn't grade someone by how new their team is and how many people made it. If they were a good team, they would've been able to spit polish everything and make it good. EnjoyUp, a small developer, developed their first games ever not too long ago. Their first game was Chronos Twin, which was quite good (although a little basic with looks and audio), then followed by Zombie BBQ, another good game. If you're reviewing a game, going soft on it because it's their first doesn't help or because they have a small team. Oh yeah, and 5th Cell's first DS game was Drawn to Life, which had a hell of a lot more polish than this. Then they made Lock's Quest, which was even better. Now their making Scribblenauts, enough said.

The controls suck because if you're using a thumbstrap and both shoulder buttons you'll lose a significant amount of accuracy and if you use a stylus you'll lose out on easy zooming and crouching. I mean, I've got pretty big hands and it still doesn't fit well.

Your review had nothing to do with the game other than bitching about people saying its bad and saying the developer is new so we should give them a break. The only thing I saw relating to the gameplay was the whole Quake, Doom, and Counterstrike thing. Counterstrike? What the fuck are you talking about. The only thing it has to do with Counterstrike is maybe the guy on the cover art having an incredibly small resemblance to the guy on Counterstrike. The gameplay is absolutely nothing like Doom and atleast the Quake DS port was a lot more polished than this. Maybe actually write a review next time than a whine festival?

4. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Senegal
    Personally, I don't think it sucks. But yeah, its full of mediocrity. And no Wifi is a sad loss too.

CoD WAW is still the best FPS on DS in my opinion.

5. Djay187

Djay187 GBAtemp Regular

Not sure if you still need help but go through door to the left of the save thing, into Armoury, through door to left of turret, up stairs, turn right, down stairs on the left into a big room with columns, turn right and go in between the two big storage crates, jump over the grey blocks to end level.
    Haven't been able to get into any vents yet but in the tutorial you can.

6. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer
    Former Staff

United States
    Reading many of the replies, it looks like a gravy train of hate. If I had to guess, though, I'd say most of that stems from the game being pretty difficult. Enemies don't just stand there like targets, and it's also not a hurt-and-heal system.

But whatever.

If you read my posts about the game in any related threads prior to its release, I was expecting to read tons and tons of disappointment about it, and my prediction came true. On the flip side, I'm actually enjoying CORE. It ain't no Half-Life, but for what it sets out to do -- offer a retro-style, Doom-like experience -- it works for me. But regardless of personal taste, the game is far from "terrible," "garbage," or "shit." The controls work fine, the collision detection is good, the level design is competent, and the A.I. is defensive. I've yet to come across anything in the game that is broken.

7. Djay187

Djay187 GBAtemp Regular

Yep, completely agree with. It's definitely not easy and I've got no issue with the controls, have to say I'm quite enjoying it.

8. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Erm.... Port is just a port... nothing different from the original one... [​IMG] jeez...

About the controls:Why the hell do people use a thumb wrist or.. whatever they called...
    Just use the damn stylus...
    ok, now people will talk shitty about the "R" button... ok here is your answer: use your pink!
    Works perfectly, (unless you're crippled)

enough said........ [​IMG]

Oh yeah one more thing:

The Game musics are awesome!

9. Pcygigas

Pcygigas Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Senegal
    the game aint half bad but it lack smoothness of what mp:h or COD had.
    and lol when you blast a person head the blood looks weird.
    even goldeneye was better than this IMO...

10. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

This game really isnt bad at all. Its obviously the best shooter on the DS.

People who are saying its bad clearly played it for 5 minutes and either sucked at it or thought it was too hard.

11. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Framerate is not good enough for First-Person. I hate it, when it is not fluid in First-Person... gives me headache.

12. SD456

SD456 Dude
    Newcomer

Hi all!

This game is really cool.

13. teonintyfive

teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    What the hell!? Did they remove WiFi? I remember reading about DM and CTF online multiplayer...

14. TraumaHoundNDS

TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Either my bleary, coffee-less eyes deceive me or you're saying C.O.R.E. is really out. Lemme look further into this...

[​IMG]

...holy smokes, it is out! Well, now I know what I'm doing today! [​IMG]

So, if it's not too much trouble, could the folks who were really wishing this game'd come out (myself included) start wishing for Gauntlet to get released? Seems if we really believe it can come true so why not again? [​IMG]

15. MeisterNo874

MeisterNo874 Member
    Newcomer

Croatia
    great game, shitty cover.

is it only me, or no1 can design a decent cover for ds game?

16. MG4M3R

MG4M3R GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Played it and my conclusion is: it sucks!

C.O.R.E. is just like Quake, but with shity framerate, bad story, bad graphics for a DS game and other few issues...

If you want a real FPS for DS try CoD5, Dementiun or Metroid Prime Hunters.

17. nitrodude150

nitrodude150 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    why does the description sound like a description for resident evil?

18. CatScam

CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Thanks Djay187 I forgot all about jumping, I must have been in that room 20 times now. [​IMG]

19. Overlord Nadrian

Banned

Belgium
    This. There's nothing BAD about the controls.

20. Fakie!

Fakie! GBAtemp Regular

Cote d'Ivoire
    C'mon guys, you seem to have forgotten that Rogue Agent was absolute SHIT, and I actually beat that game. I remember that you couldn't even tell when you were actually hitting someone. CORE is MUCH better IMO, but yeah, it's still nothing more than a little nice old school FPS.