DS #4076: Blood of BAHAMUT (Japan)

pakoito

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the answer to 64MB: only ¿16? scenarios (top) similar to each other, few character/enemy models, no CG videos, no music or voices. Hell, it doesn't look square at all xD

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
The fact that this game is 64MB is a major red flag suggesting it is not what the trailers made it out to be. Not unless Square invented a magical 75% compression algorithm that works on all data types and no processing overhead.

The size is a tad surprising. But I've played the game for a bit now, and it's pretty much how it looked in the trailers. And there certainly wasn't anything in the trailers that looked beyond the limited capabilities of the NDS anyways.

pakoito

Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed: few scenarios (¿1?) all platform-based looking, "lots" of colossos, few enemy variety. Few assets + no story + no prerendered videos = little space.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, the relatively small size is the result of the abscence of videos, no problems with production qualty or graphics- looks absolutely stunning, like most SE DS games.

EDIT: Can confirm the patch works gret on Acekard 2i with the latest AKAIO. Just use the A button insted of touching the game icon and press it for some time

Rywiec

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
It doesn't work to me. I mean the patch.
Does it require NET Fromework or something?
What I am supposed to do before patching?
Do I have to change name of Rom if i have "b-bahamut.nds" ?
Because it doesn't find the file.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
dib said:
The fact that this game is 64MB is a major red flag suggesting it is not what the trailers made it out to be. Not unless Square invented a magical 75% compression algorithm that works on all data types and no processing overhead.

rofl2.gif

What? I don't say this too often, but GTFO.

It being 64MB in size (which is, by no means, small for a DS game) is absolutely no indication of its quality. Square Enix doesn't skimp on anything, especially on DS. They've proven themselves to be the leader when it comes to production values and overall quality on the system. It's just not a huge game. It's a mission-based affair that seems to be more action-adventure than RPG. Again, though, all of the game's assets are lifted right out of Revenant Wings. This game isn't missing anything in terms of production value, and the file size isn't going to be a determining factor for the gameplay here.

I'm just going to add my two cents: This game looks bare bones, seems a little budget, but it doesn't play like a bare-bones game, or a budget game. It's awesome, and if you have friends to play with, it's even more awesome. Control is tight, tons of abilities (which are actually useful), plenty of multiplayer strategy. If you're looking for story-driven, cut-scene whoring SquareEnix you're in the wrong place.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
dib said:
Eh, most of the size of games is in things mike movies and textures and sounds; simple 3D models (which are all the DS can handle) actually aren't that big a deal. You could make massively big monsters but model them in a simple art style using simple textures, and end up with a pretty small game.

that's also like saying better graphics = better games, which isn't true at all. Does it improve visual eye-candy, yes...does it improve on how the game is, might help but not necessary. There are few games that are fun that aren't big...like Disgaea 3 for PS3 (compared to other games in PS3 library)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
Ruri said:
dib said:
Eh, most of the size of games is in things mike movies and textures and sounds; simple 3D models (which are all the DS can handle) actually aren't that big a deal. You could make massively big monsters but model them in a simple art style using simple textures, and end up with a pretty small game.

that's also like saying better graphics = better games, which isn't true at all. Does it improve visual eye-candy, yes...does it improve on how the game is, might help but not necessary. There are few games that are fun that aren't big...like Disgaea 3 for PS3 (compared to other games in PS3 library)

You couldn't have said it any better.

Anyway, I've been playing this game and its pretty good. I don't know a word of Japanese but the language barrier isn't too thick here, since most things are icons (such as the special abilities, weapons, and materials) and the entire game can be played with only the stylus (although I perfer the D-Pad). Overall, a very good game with little to no learning curve, even for a dumb American such as myself.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rywiec said:
It doesn't work to me. I mean the patch.
Does it require NET Fromework or something?
What I am supposed to do before patching?
Do I have to change name of Rom if i have "b-bahamut.nds" ?
Because it doesn't find the file.

If your patch came with a readme.txt, read it. A quick renaming should solve the problem. CYJJGD_FF.nds

QUOTE(Blebleman @ Aug 6 2009, 02:30 PM) Anyone know how to cut Gigant's right arm off? I assumed it would be by whacking his shoulder core, but man, that thing sure can take a beating...

Use a lightning element weapon (which is Gigante's right arm's weakness. The game sure made it sound like Dark was Gigante's only weakness =P), start bashing on its shoulder core and once it's about to fall off you'll see a barrier. Wait for its uppercut, ride its arm and when you get past the barrier an attack will cut it off.
You probably have to get some materials from Fenrir first to make a lightning element weapon.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
woah shit.

this is Shadow of the colossus for the DS!

should have made the actual character sprites BETTER
sleep.gif

question - am i stuck to a 2d battle area? when im fighting a monster?

cause i see A, B.C ,D and other places where i can move to...but dont know how.

i see also some silver things on each side of the "board" but how do u use them?

will they be activated later?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
stanleyopar2000 said:
question - am i stuck to a 2d battle area? when im fighting a monster?

cause i see A, B.C ,D and other places where i can move to...but dont know how.

They are usually locked during story missions. You can move freely between platforms on most, if not all, free missions which start to unlock after each 5 story missions.

QUOTE(Hop2089 @ Aug 6 2009, 06:39 PM) How do you get more coins in this game?

Sell materials. I think that's the only way. Of course parts from later creatures are worth more. But for starters, replaying 1-5 to get "Stone Beast's Spirit" is good for early parts. It sells for 1000G and high chance of dropping. Also the stage doesn't take too long.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deathfisaro said:
Blebleman said:
Anyone know how to cut Gigant's right arm off? I assumed it would be by whacking his shoulder core, but man, that thing sure can take a beating...

Use a lightning element weapon (which is Gigante's right arm's weakness. The game sure made it sound like Dark was Gigante's only weakness =P), start bashing on its shoulder core and once it's about to fall off you'll see a barrier. Wait for its uppercut, ride its arm and when you get past the barrier an attack will cut it off.
You probably have to get some materials from Fenrir first to make a lightning element weapon.

Thanks, man! Sure is nice to hear from someone else who knows what he's talking about!

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
vergilite said:
can anyone get the patch.exe to run under WINE in linux (its all i have)
Can't you just install a version of Windows? AFAIK it should be quite easy.

if your suggesting installing the OS and not an extension to the compatibility layer then NO i really can't be bothered installing it AGAIN you see i have installed it a number of times only to realize not much i missed the UNIX world and so keep reverting to ubuntu i have tried dual boot OS's but they all ways seem to conflict for some reason, guess il just hack one of the school computers and get rid of the security then i can use it on one of there windows machines

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
vergilite said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
vergilite said:
can anyone get the patch.exe to run under WINE in linux (its all i have)
Can't you just install a version of Windows? AFAIK it should be quite easy.

if your suggesting installing the OS and not an extension to the compatibility layer then NO i really can't be bothered installing it AGAIN you see i have installed it a number of times only to realize not much i missed the UNIX world and so keep reverting to ubuntu i have tried dual boot OS's but they all ways seem to conflict for some reason, guess il just hack one of the school computers and get rid of the security then i can use it on one of there windows machines
If/when you hack one, post some pics
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol