DS #3964: Flower, Sun and Rain - The Endless Park (USA)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, this game can't be described!
Try it out, and give it some time. I think it's really weird, and I had a hard time getting into it, but once I found out what the game was built up on, on how to proceed and all, it became very plesant to play. It's strange, fugly, fucked up, weird, and absolutely brilliant!

I still haven't completed it, but dang this was a late release for the US! I mean, the european release had english in it from the start, so it's not like translation took its time....
tongue.gif

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
[Don't flame posts please]

Why in every game release somebody says that a game sucks, Then other dudes says that game sucks, Then a "nice" dude comes there and says "This is good" and other dudes say "O rly this is good!" And then that repeats again and again?
frown.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzumakijl said:

Why in every game release somebody says that a game sucks, Then other dudes says that game sucks, Then a "nice" dude comes there and says "This is good" and other dudes say "O rly this is good!" And then that repeats again and again?
frown.gif

It's cool to hate on games, remember. If you like a game that doesn't have a 90%+ score on Metacritic, you're weak or something. So you hate on everything, then change your tune if someone comes along that has actually played the game and enjoyed it. 'Cause it wouldn't do well to be different now, would it?

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Depravo said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_mentality

ohmy.gif
That explains all
rolleyes.gif
Thank you for your reply

QUOTE(Wintrale @ Jul 12 2009, 06:15 PM) It's cool to hate on games, remember. If you like a game that doesn't have a 90%+ score on Metacritic, you're weak or something. So you hate on everything, then change your tune if someone comes along that has actually played the game and enjoyed it. 'Cause it wouldn't do well to be different now, would it?

ROFLMAO Hahahahahahahahaha

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if the game actually sucks? If a game has an average rating of 55% there's a pretty good chance the game sucks. However, that alone doesn't stop me from trying it. Usually I pop it in the system and play it a few days. DS games with low scores usually do suck pretty hard though, but it's not a set-in-stone rule.
On the other hand, Ninja Gaiden got high scores, and I didn't enjoy it that much. So yeah.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Wintrale said:
Uzumakijl said:

frown.gif

It's cool to hate on games, remember. If you like a game that doesn't have a 90%+ score on Metacritic, you're weak or something. So you hate on everything, then change your tune if someone comes along that has actually played the game and enjoyed it. 'Cause it wouldn't do well to be different now, would it?

You do know that since there was an EU release, some of us played it and really didn't like it?

And what I feel is, the game really seems fragmented and weird. I couldn't understand much of the story (if there is one). And the characters were like mentally unsound people.

Though I do find the using of the tour book to solve things interesting, the whole gameplay just feels meh to me.

But I would say try it, since our tastes and opinions will differ.

T^hough I wonder what the PS2 version was like. Anybody played it? Was it better?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Domination said:
T^hough I wonder what the PS2 version was like. Anybody played it? Was it better?
Basically the same stuff (almost all same puzzles so I breezed through the DS version. The difference is the the PS2's graphics are less jaggy and has better texture res as far as I remember but everything still looks blocky. Also when jacking in stuff with Katharine it's a different interface (and you can only look at the guidebook when jacking into stuff).

Why they ported this first than PS1's Silver Case, I dunno. That game is kinda more "Western Friendly" and does not shove you right into a weird fucked up situation. Well you do, but not as weird wtfamidoinghere like FSR. (That and a lot of Silver Case links up to FSR :/)
Still, I like this game and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys weird stories mish-mashed into one. lolwat

(also I think the reason people are having a hard time with this is that this gen is spoiled and has to have easy mode cruise control)

EDIT: Also, the PS2 ver didn't have the bonus lost and found puzzles which I think kinda distracts players during their first time through. I recommend going through the game first before trying getting the bonus stuff.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am really enjoying this game... The blocky graphics take me back to the days of the Sega Saturn... and the "confused" vibe of the game takes me back to the days when I would try to struggle through Japanese RPGs... those were good, good days... not a care in the world... just a perplexed stumbling through strange digital worlds and incomprehensible text...

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This definitely isn't a digital novel type game or point & click, your on an island with a hotel called Flower, Sun, Rain and you have to stop a terrorist attack on an aeroplane. You control your character with the stylus or buttons and you have to solve numeric type puzzles with this computer that you've brought with you by jacking into stuff.
I think if you've enjoyed anything by Suda 51 or if you haven't you should try it, there's nothing else that can compare to this on the DS.

YumYumSauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got to say this is the strangest game I've played on the DS. I don't know if its absolutely brilliant or the most user unfriendly game in the history of gaming; it a total mind-fuck of a game.

penance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was anticipating this game because I thought it would be interesting, but I ended up not liking it. I get the whole minimalist thing that Suda has going but here it just looks ugly in every way, which would be fine if the story and gameplay was worthwhile, but it's not. The story has a poor translation, and some components of the gameplay are completely unnecessary. For example, what's the point of the different jacks? There's no penalty for choosing a wrong jack, there's no way to know which one is right without trial and error, and it's not like choosing different jacks provides any kind of benefit. And the puzzles are really just not all that great; digging through a 49-page manual is not my bag and the non-manual puzzles are either really easy or way too difficult and there's not enough reward for completing them either. I'd much rather hold out for Professor Layton 2.

abevigoda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure it looks cruddy...and yeah, maybe it's not all that great, but more Suda51 in any form is a good thing I think. However, Killer 7, NMH and even Contact are a bit more enjoyable methinks.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a game where the critics are right. I liked it at first but its riddled with bad design flaws.

It does feel like a game ported down from the PS2.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy novel games, mostly Cing, but this is torture.

I couldn't get out of the parking lot (the "tutorial" area), you get NO hints as to what you're supposed to do and there are tons of number codes that you have to figure out yourself.

The game revolves around these codes and it's too difficult.

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
When I watched the opening movie the graphics got me
ohmy.gif
, but when the game started and I got
unsure.gif
Gameplay wise, it's just plain weird and boring (not to say pointless).

For those who got to play it further: should I keep playing after the first day?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo