DS #3960: Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito (Japan)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anti piracy is hardly new even for DS games (they had it back when the R4 was new and the best and even before that). And the best I've seen was probably for Mario & Luigi 3. Dark day/week/month for the temp when that came out. Anyways, if that's the only check they put in the game, even Chrono Trigger had better protection, having freeze-ups and hangs throughout various parts of the game. I'm thinking SE might finally realize they can't do much to stop piracy for long and just threw in the towel. With people like INF, what hope do they have?

And if you're worried about it being a virus bricker, just open the rom in no$gba and check on your PC. If it's the bricker rom, it will be a hentai slideshow and you'll know NOT to run it on your DS. If it boots up DQ9, then you can probably be safe in putting it on your DS. Simple as that.

canx13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
is the english patch coming out soon because i want to follow the storyline i hope there wil be gbatemp rocks
yaynds.gif

BluWacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
canx13 said:
is the english patch coming out soon because i want to follow the storyline i hope there wil be gbatemp rocks
yaynds.gif

The game isn't even out in Japan yet. If anyone DOES do an English patch (why? it's almost certainly coming out in English anyway) it'll take more than the few hours since this was leaked to get it done...

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well if you didn't want to bother trial-and-error-ing every battle option I'll translate it for you!

First menu set:
たたかう(tatakau)=Fight
しらべる(shiraberu)=Study/Examine
にける(nigeru)=Flee
さくぜん(sakusen)=Strategy

Fight sub-set:
こうけき(kougeki)=Attack----とくぎ(tokugi)=Special Skill
じゆもん(zijumon)=Magic----どうぐ(dougu)=Tools\Items
ぼうぎょ(bougi)=Defend------ひっさつ(hissatsu)=Final Blow

Strategy sub-set:
さくせんかえ(sakusenkae)=Change strategy
そうびかえ(soubikae)=Change equipment
はいちかえ(haichikae)=Change rows

Change rows sub-set:
ぜぜれつ(zenretsu)=Front row
こうれつ(kouretsu)=Back row

Nekoblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kamika said:
Well, anti piracy protection in DS games is fairly new so yeah, most of them can easily be cracked within days after the release, or they find a cheat to circumvent it without the need to patch the rom. But as the years go by, the protection will become harder to crack. I wouldn't be surprised if they even resort to DS bricking anti piracy protections.

But it was to be expected that people would make a DS bricking virus disguised as a game that has yet to be released, so if I find a torrent of the English version of this game posted before the actual US release date, it's most likely a virus.

This would be illegal and would be grounds for a lawsuit. At least in my country.

Sharkman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the newest no$gba and used the patch and it crashes at the bald guy every time.

Posts merged

i have the newest no$gba and used the patch and it crashes at the bald guy every time.

fftidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Duobix said:
Am I wrong or the whole Dragon Quest series are only allowed to have their relase date during weekends in Japan?
No youre not wrong DQ games are released in the weekend because the japanese take the day off when DQ games where released, at least so I heard

Sharkman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess nobody can help? i used inf's patch the cvn-dq9-patch and that didn't work with no@gba 2.6a. it crashes at the bald guy

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nekoblade said:
Kamika said:
Well, anti piracy protection in DS games is fairly new so yeah, most of them can easily be cracked within days after the release, or they find a cheat to circumvent it without the need to patch the rom. But as the years go by, the protection will become harder to crack. I wouldn't be surprised if they even resort to DS bricking anti piracy protections.

But it was to be expected that people would make a DS bricking virus disguised as a game that has yet to be released, so if I find a torrent of the English version of this game posted before the actual US release date, it's most likely a virus.

This would be illegal and would be grounds for a lawsuit. At least in my country.
True that. Even here you can sue them for doing that.

@granville: I reckon INF is a famous hacker that cracks any protection with ease, right?
tongue.gif

Sharkman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the patches may have fixed the crashing problem for r4 and other cart owners but as far as emulators go, this game is still crashing for everybody on every other thread. neither of the patches released will get the game working on an emulator without crashing during the opening scene so please be patient.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes, very.
Anyways have my translations been helpful
unsure.gif
?
golio514 said:
Battle menu set:
????(tatakau)=Fight
????(shiraberu)=Study/Examine
???(nigeru)=Flee
????(sakusen)=Strategy

Fight sub-set:
????(kougeki)=Attack----???(tokugi)=Skill
????(zijumon)=Magic----???(dougu)=Tools\Items
????(bougi)=Defend------????(hissatsu)=Final Blow\Special Skills

Strategy sub-set:
??????(sakusenkae)=Change strategy
?????(soubikae)=Change equipment
?????(haichikae)=Change rows

Change rows sub-set:
????(zenretsu)=Front row
????(kouretsu)=Back row

Skill point distribution for starting job:
????(kensukiru)=Sword skill
?????(muchisukiru)=Whip(It could also be rod or cane)skill
-
-
????? or ?????
(I'm not sure if this is kyokukei or kyokugei)

Also, one of the first skills is called DragonSlash

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wohho it's been released sorry for being late cause the internet for our house doesn't work so it been fixed can't wait to play it and it have piracy protection and it's solved can't wait to play
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo