DS #3932: Cradle of Rome (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

DS #3932: Cradle of Rome (USA) by Chanser at 5:11 AM (2,434 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-5099^^

2. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Puzzle game like Bejewelled, winning puzzles lets you build the Roman empire...dunno, could be fun.

3. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    the last time i played this game
    i remember i could buy upgrades for the city
    not really a LONG game [​IMG]

once you unlocked and got everything
    basically you had finish the game

4. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Woah I thought this one was out already! ^^"
    I really love this game, but I'm not that far yet... And I couldn't really beat it on my PC too... I'm stuck in a high level somehow... ^^

5. dole

Newcomer dole Advanced Member

United States
    I think this was released for Europe a long time ago as Jewel Master: Cradle of Rome. I actually played all the way through it, there's 100 levels in all, and the ending's pretty disappointing besides the accomplishment of doing it (I was hoping for vestal virgins or something.)

Anyways, the two big tips to plow through this game I didn't really figure out until level 60 or so:
    - The special items help differently on different levels. Sometimes the Lightning Bolt isn't the best item to use, sometime's it's actually the Bomb or Shield.
    - I'm not sure how to hide a spoiler so... SPOILERS BELOW

If you know you're not going to make it through the level, or want to start with a different special item, just hit Start and Restart the level. There's no penalty and it cycles randomly through the special items. Note that you do NOT keep the resources (food/money/building materials, etc) you've won for that level if you lose or restart the level.

I know, these 'tips' are probably pretty lame and obvious but like I said, I didn't bother noticing either until later in the game. *shrugs*

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i do remember or have the pc one but nothing i was interested in and still nothing worth buying but something to try on the DS for those who love bejeweled