DS #3847: Personal Trainer: Walking (USA)

IceRentoraa29

Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
I'll hold off until dealextreme figures out a way to sell the smurfmeters by themselves.

rofl2.gif

I'm sorry but that filter makes things so unintentionally hilarious
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

moisesmcardona

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I purshased this and it is really good. I like the way the smurfmeter interacts with the game and also like the way it displays the tracking. I always go to everywere with the smurfmeter and its really good (I have 10 days stamped on the game, and have completed 2 drawings of the "Walk the World" mode.).

StealthSock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is set up to track up to 4 people but it only comes with 2 smurfmeters. Nintendo is probably going to sell the smurfmeters as standalone eventually. They probably want to see the sales figures on their $50 package first. If they decide not to sell standalone meters, they would intentionally cripple their legitimate users games down to 2 people per cartridge but prevent the pirates from just buying a meter and downloading the game. Hopefully they will decide to sell standalone meters if only to have replacements ready in case someone breaks their meter that came with their legitimate copy.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rofl P3dometer = smurfmeter.

Took me a while to understand why they said smurf, but I remember GBAtemp blocks it out.

rofl.gif
. And no one has answered, is this a good game?

moisesmcardona

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
StealthSock said:
The game is set up to track up to 4 people but it only comes with 2 smurfmeters. Nintendo is probably going to sell the smurfmeters as standalone eventually. They probably want to see the sales figures on their $50 package first. If they decide not to sell standalone meters, they would intentionally cripple their legitimate users games down to 2 people per cartridge but prevent the pirates from just buying a meter and downloading the game. Hopefully they will decide to sell standalone meters if only to have replacements ready in case someone breaks their meter that came with their legitimate copy.

I hear Nintendo will sell standalone Activity Meters (that is how they call it) at I think it was $17.50 or something like that.

@Brian117:
I find the game to be not even good, but also useful. As I said in my previous post, I carry the Activity Meter everywere I go. I even walk in my own house. I like the game a lot and I recommend it to everyone.

Pros:
-No need to carry the Nintendo DS to everywere, just the Activity Meter
-Can keep track for 5 years (or so I think)
-Explains each part of the Daily Routine like the longest inactive time and the longest active time and more
-To keep you motivated for walking, it features 2 game modes, in which to complete them, you have to walk. The modes are "Walk the World" and "Iluminate".

Cons:
-I don't know what to say. The Game for me is excellent.

StealthSock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that for $50, absolutely not. As a side app that would launch off a flash adapter for much less, it looks kind of cool. The p3dometer apparently functions well but there would be no way I would switch game cards to use this.

The $17.50 figure came from the conversion from yen for the Japanese market. You can buy standalone meters from Japan already but I'm not sure if they work with the US version. NOA may or may not decide to sell standalones.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
I'll hold off until dealextreme figures out a way to sell the smurfmeters by themselves.QUOTE(StealthSock @ Jun 10 2009, 01:12 PM) The game is set up to track up to 4 people but it only comes with 2 smurfmeters. Nintendo is probably going to sell the smurfmeters as standalone eventually.
Nintendo already sells them separately for $15 apiece. Black White

Also, the official name for it is apparently "Activity Meter".

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the black smurfmeter. But buying the game just for that seems pointless. Its better to walk and manually count the steps :S

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But the actual cartridge has infrared on it to sync with the smurfmeter. So the ROM is of no use unless you actually own the catridge and then just dump your saves to prevent carrying it around. Thus you can't just buy the smurfmeter and download the ROM. (kinda like Guitar Hero but without the button hack)

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
--JoCa-- said:
Probably, since it comes with the infrared. Like Guitar Hero.

Nothing like GH since that had an attachment which plugged into slot 2 whereas this has the IR built into the cart itself, therefore slot 2 isn't required.

It does work on DSi. They even demonstrate it on a DSi in the trailer.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
hahaha gbatemp filter is so hilarious.. p3dometer = smurfmeter

lol..

And besides, why would anyone bother buying this when you can get a free p3dometer out of a cereal box and input it into the game function when you get the rom..

Its just another way of making money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof