DS #3831: Walk with me! (Europe)

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Walk With Me!" sounds way less retarded than "Personal Trainer: Walking". The US title sounds like it wants to teach you how to walk.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WALK WITH ME, BOY
smileipb2.png

Neither is good. They should make it Step Counter DS
or
DStep
Wow I think I should make game names.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
As a product it's too pricey, in my opinion, to do well. You get two "Activity Monitors" with the cart, and you can buy them separately, but there nothing else here.

The adults who have a DS will buy carts like Brain Training and the language Coach but they'll probably think twice when it comes to extra gadgets and gimmicks. And very few kids are really going to want this. You could get two games for the same price.

Maybe if you combined the monitors with a good game, where your daily stats help you progress or give you bonuses within the game, then I think it would have a better chance. I bet the Japanese would buy into a gimmick like that even more readably that here in the West.

shattering

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can you even play this game on a flash card?

As I recall, the original cart has a built in IR to receive the data from the Activity Meter.

So...why do they even dump this? And I don't think the Personal Trainer: Walking has been dump...(which I think came out earlier)

psykopat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TraumaHoundNDS said:
Nope: Guitar Hero(s), Tony Hawk's Motion

This games needed an external hardware to work (plugged in slot 2). So if you hack the rom, you can boot and play it without the peripherical.

The problem here, is that the infra-red receiver is build into the card. So even if you hack the rom to skip the sync with "Activity Meter".. it will stay totally unplayable
frown.gif

D

Deleted-119707

sure its IR? ive never heard of it being built into the cart. i thought it uses the ds's wireless capabilities... i was thinking of getting the rom and buy the actvity meter seperately.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
this is not even remotely funny. Maybe the stupid idea is a kind of copy protection. This thing is so useless noone wants to copy it. Think of the endless opportunities ....
biggrin.gif

crook

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shebang said:
this is not even remotely funny. Maybe the stupid idea is a kind of copy protection. This thing is so useless noone wants to copy it. Think of the endless opportunities ....
biggrin.gif

Maybe you are useless and stupid? Can this be the truth?

D

Deleted-119707

i just read the ign review and it does say it has an infrared built in... damn. the little activity meter's battery lasts for a few weeks. i thought it was rechargable when you walk (cant remember where i heard that). how do they know its got an infra red built in? they opened the cart up? or where they just told?
someone should try the rom and activity meter to see if there really is a ir reciever in the cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol