psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
got an 8.0 at ign
broken-sword-shadow-of-the-templars-the-directors-cut-20090401044717894_640w.jpg
broken-sword-shadow-of-the-templars-the-directors-cut-20090401044720285_640w.jpg

broken-sword-shadow-of-the-templars-the-directors-cut-20090401044722894_640w.jpg
broken-sword-shadow-of-the-templars-the-directors-cut-20090401044725081_640w.jpg

broken-sword-shadow-of-the-templars-the-directors-cut-20090401044727488_640w.jpg

dunno but doesn't look too good for me

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
well, at least this game has more stuff in it, just like the EU version that was released quite some time, its pretty fun and the puzzles are pretty challenging as well.

well, but i still say nicole is a lazy bitch
frown.gif
never quite like her, seeing as how george is always out getting into danger while she just spend most of her time flirting and slacking around

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
I'm vaguely interested in this but I'll probably just wait and play it on the wife's Wii instead. It'd be nice if I could start on the DS and transfer over later, though.

I expect you can already play it on the wii using the scummvm port to the wii. Not 100% sure, but I'd guess that the save files would be compatible should you use ScummVM DS.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Loved this game when it first came out on the PC over ten years ago. The extra story that's been added here is good (and it gets Nicole off her arse for once) although it ends too abruptly, and I would have liked more.

Some things have been removed from this version as well though, for better or worse. You can't die in this version and there are less hotspots through out the game, that might not be a bad thing, but it does mean it's much easier to complete. The animation is very fluid and the artwork is still great.

Anyone who liked Secret Files will be at home with this, as I personally think this is a better game.

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I played the E release and really liked the game. If you like point and click game, check this out, it's fun and has some funny dialogue as well.

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The U version was actually released 3 days before the E version.

The main difference between this and the Wii release is that the DS version lacks voices.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
118153620600.gif

Those were the days
biggrin.gif

I had hoped the cover of this would stay a little longer on the "front page" instead of making room for crap ;[

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've always had a soft spot for the Broken Sword games. Owned Shadow of the Templars for PS1 and PC for years, as well as the sequel, The Smoking Mirror. Hoping that eventually gets ported to the DS too, although its a much bigger game, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Already played through the (E) version. I wasn't expecting too much, but yeah, this is a very whittled down port indeed. If you've already played it on PC or playstation, brace yourself for a bit of a let down. I didn't realise it until I played the DS version, but the voices really do make this game much better. The DS only has text, not speech, so I found it not as much fun to play. The storyline has also been abbreviated somewhat, so in comparison to the PC version, the whole thing seemed very short.

On a more positive note, some notoriously awkward scenes, like the one with that accursed goat, are now much easier to play through than the original versions were. Also, the start of the DS port gives us more backstory about Nicole before she met George, which is nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.