DS #3652: The Dark Spire (USA)

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally
rolleyes.gif
Been waiting impatiently all week for this! IGN gave this a very fair review to boot.

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say what. worst game ever why would anyone play this piece of crap is beyond me, 30 dollars for this what a rip off,you can go online and pllay those kind of crap for free.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NFO says 64Mbit, the info at the top of the page and g-Online say 256Mbit. The ROM file is 32MB, which would be 256Mbit, right?

Also yeah, that one site that has it several folders deep in the archive is weird, I've never seen them do that before.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chanser said:
Odd the RAR file got multiple folders containing the rom.

That type of stuff depends on where you got it (No!, don't tell us!)

Kinda funny, the NFO says it's 32Mbit, but it's actually 256Mbit. Someone doesn't know the difference between megabits and megabytes apparently.

Heh, I spent an hour just re-rolling the character stats until I was satisfied with the rolls I got. I remember way back in the C64 days I would do that too. Used to drive my friend nuts because he just wanted to get into the game already.

Be careful when leveling up, it's easy to add levels to the wrong character/class. I accidentally gave my priest a level of mage, so he became a mage/priest.....DOH! Luckily, I just went back to the save. I figure the multi-class character building should come after I level up their default class a few times first, or I discover a need during the game to multi-class someone.

I haven't really played too far past the tutorial at this point, but this seems like the kind of old-school RPG I might be able to get into. I don't know why, but pretty much ALL the previous RPG's on the DS have failed to hold my interest. But as I've said many times around the forums, I burnt myself out on RPG's 20+ years ago on the old C64. Maybe this one will change that.

I even used the same old names I always gave characters in my RPG's back then;
Basher or Slasher for the warrior.
Pilf for the thief.
Healer for the priest.
Wiz for the mage.

Extremely unoriginal, I know, but I always did that back then because many times the only info you had on the character was his name during battles and the poor graphics of the old C64 didn't make the characters look all that different, so having a descriptive name just made things easier. Seems like it could be helpful in this game too.....at least for me.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Rayder said:
Kinda funny, the NFO says it's 32Mbit, but it's actually 256Mbit. Someone doesn't know the difference between megabits and megabytes apparently.

Its wrong but it doesn't say 32mbit, guess you cant read!

Its obviously just been not edited from the last nfo. I'm wondering how deep this game is, if its worth giving a try

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
Rayder said:

Its wrong but it doesn't say 32mbit, guess you cant read!

Its obviously just been not edited from the last nfo. I'm wondering how deep this game is, if its worth giving a try

Excuse me, 64 mbit, yeah......but it's still wrong.

You drink six 16ounce brewskies in less than 2 hours and let me know how YOU feel.
wink.gif

Xaintrix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well back on topic to the game, I love it! I'm an hour in and having a blast. I read an interview about how surprised the localization team was about how much text there actually is. It actually makes a huge difference, particularly if on classic mode. I'm still using Modern, but it's nice to have the option. It's very fun.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chanser said:
Rayder said:
Chanser said:
Odd the RAR file got multiple folders containing the rom.

That type of stuff depends on where you got it (No!, don't tell us!)

Believe me this is from the XPA themselves, not some site out there. Even have the SFV file to confirm it.
Proof that I'm a dumbass:

I misread your first post as "Odd the ZIP got multiple RAR files containing the rom."

And then thought I knew where it came from, based on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land