DS #3499: Rittai Picross (Japan)

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haha yeah, I'm going to give this a try and see how long it is before I end up lost due to not being able to understand whats going on.

Something to kill time until madworld

johnelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo! I'm HYPED! Picross in 3D?! F Yeah! And it's earlier than expected too!
Hopefully Nintendo offers as many downloadable puzzles as they have for Picross DS, literally hundreds.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
GreenBanana said:
The difference between this game and Avalon Code is that Avalon Code came out today.

And this game comes out in two days. http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/954391.html In the future.

I've explained this to you in about 20 threads and via PM. GBATemp posts release threads when they're dumped and made available for download on the internet, not when they're released in stores. This thread is here because Rittai Picross got dumped early, not because someone doesn't know when the store date is. There is no thread for Avalon Code because no group has dumped it, packed it and uploaded it anywhere onto the internet yet, not because the staff are lazy or don't realise it's out in stores. No amount of hinting or moaning is going to change that, there will be a release thread when it's dumped.

-GJ-

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this playable without knowing Japanese?
I think it is (watched some video's on youtube), but can anyone say it for sure?

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
GreenBanana said:
The difference between this game and Avalon Code is that Avalon Code came out today.

And this game comes out in two days. http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/954391.html In the future.

I've explained this to you in about 20 threads and via PM. GBATemp posts release threads when they're dumped and made available for download on the internet, not when they're released in stores. This thread is here because Rittai Picross got dumped early, not because someone doesn't know when the store date is. There is no thread for Avalon Code because no group has dumped it, packed it and uploaded it anywhere onto the internet yet, not because the staff are lazy or don't realise it's out in stores. No amount of hinting or moaning is going to change that, there will be a release thread when it's dumped.
Nobody CARES.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Doesn't work on my M3 Real either.
frown.gif

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DoornicK said:
It's really a great game!! and the tutorials are very visual, so you don't need to know japanese.

QFT

Pay attention to the bottom screen and you'll be fine.

Hell you might even learn some Japanese from when you complete the puzzle and it names the object you've revealed.

Working fine on my M3 Real btw, latest fw no sakura.

Kitomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh hey, I remember reading about the 3D Picross over at IGN. I thought it was awesome, since in my opinion, Picross is the best puzzle game out there for the Nintendo DS
laugh.gif

Looking foward to this game once I find it
yaynds.gif

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun game. I dont get the numbers with the square around them though can someone explain what is that. I Know the numbers with the circle around them means the blocks cant be completely next to each other and the numbers with nothing around them means they all have to be next to eachother, but just got to where now they have a square around them and dont understand the tutorial and what do I do with that.

On a side note I have the M3 real, and it didnt work on the older hacked sakura and touchpod firmwares, but it worked for me with the latest official english sakura firmware.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same with the squared numbers, so far i've been able to solve all the puzzles i've done using them but i'm not entirely sure over them.

My guess is that if you have something like a 3 square in a 5 row the blocks making up the 3S must be separate. i.e BxBxB unlike a 3 circle where it could be BBxBx or BBxxB, etc).

I have a feeling it might be you can't exceed half of the number with consecutive blocks or something, i'm not sure and since I haven't done a huge puzzle with them in with high numbers past 7 or 8 its hard to say.

YodaJM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to my Japanese coworker it is as follows:

Normal Number: 1 group of blocks
Circled Number: 2 groups of blocks
Square Number: 3+ groups of blocks