DS #3499: Rittai Picross (Japan)

beethy

Trophies
XP
Country
Joey90 said:
This game is awesome - especially the little animations...

The only annoying part my suckiness - I'm having trouble visualising the possibilities in 3D!

Also, to clear up (maybe) normal means the blocks are all together, circle means two groups and square means more than two (3, 4, 5 etc.)

Correct.
When you see a number with a circle around it that means that it won't be consecutive amount of blocks. Say a 5 with a circle around it could be 1 then 4.... 2 then 3... and the other way around too.
The spaces in between them vary.

Hope this helps.

hyup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what about M3Real ?
For some people it doesn't work, for some it works...
Maybe it depends on some hardware versions of M3 Real, cause people using same firmware getting different results...

I am, personally, getting two white screens on M3 Real 4.3 and Sakura 1.34.

chewtoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
perlmonkey.blogspot.com
XP
Country
hyup said:
So what about M3Real ?
For some people it doesn't work, for some it works...
Maybe it depends on some hardware versions of M3 Real, cause people using same firmware getting different results...

I am, personally, getting two white screens on M3 Real 4.3 and Sakura 1.34.

I managed to get it working on mine this morning. It was originally giving two white screens for me with Sakura 1.34 with the 4.3 update. I manually created a 2MB save file and now it is fine.

Unix command I used to create this file was "dd if=/dev/zero of=rittai.sav bs=1024 count=2048". Can't give a windows equivalent because windows makes me feel dirty.

hyup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot !!!!!! It works !!!

In windows it'll be something like:

fsutil file createnew c:\Rittai.sav 2097152

shadowboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
THIS IS F***ING AWESOME! i'm loving it
yaypsp.gif

does anyone know a release date for us or eur version?

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is excellent. It is MUCH harder than normal Picross. Here's why:

(FYI: You are awarded up to 3 stars for completing a puzzle.)

1. If you make one mistake you don't get all 3 stars for the puzzle
2. The time limit for full star credit can be tight.
3. Unlike normal Picross, not every row/column has a number.

I love the challenge.

It's not without its flaws, though.

1. You can't do a cross-section on the z-axis. You can only do it via X and Y.
2. The upper screen isn't utilized enough. Plus, that damn chicken is annoying.
3. Turning off the BGM also turns off any sound played when you beat a puzzle or a puzzle set.

Anyone mind translating the option screen?

tops2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
1. You can't do a cross-section on the z-axis. You can only do it via X and Y.

I got to the part of the tutorial where you can do cross-section. There's a blue & red "tab" that you can "peel" away layers in the X or Y direction. But I saw this for tutorial level 4. For level 4 I can peel away at each layer.

Pretty fun and pretty easy so far. I am only on 1 block, level 4. But then the original Picross wasn't very difficult to me (aside from a few hard puzzles).

I hope this has a US release date!

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kedest said:
The tutorials and gameplay are very clear. I don't really see the need for an English release actually.
I have need for an English release. The rom doesn't work on my flash cart, and I'm not willing to spend $65 to import it. I'll pay the $30-$40 for a local release.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Deaddy said:
kedest said:
The tutorials and gameplay are very clear. I don't really see the need for an English release actually.
I have need for an English release. The rom doesn't work on my flash cart, and I'm not willing to spend $65 to import it. I'll pay the $30-$40 for a local release.
If your cart is the iTouch or the M3 Real just replace your save with this SAVE and the game will now work, it might also work for other none working carts.
I've tested it on the iTouch and it works.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really add anything new that anyone hasn't said yet, just adding Picross made the transition to 3d quite nicely.

I'm sure an English release would be set for this game. It seems Nintendo put in a bit of work into this.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tanas said:
Deaddy said:
kedest said:
If your cart is the iTouch or the M3 Real just replace your save with this SAVE and the game will now work, it might also work for other none working carts.
I've tested it on the iTouch and it works.
I have G6 Lite. I'll see if I can get this save set up with it.

Update: It didn't work.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deaddy said:
kedest said:
But if you had checked, you would have seen that yesasia.com has it for $43 total.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Deaddy said:
kedest said:
But if you had checked, you would have seen that yesasia.com has it for $43 total.

For that price, all of you people with unsupported flashcards need to upgrade to a CycloDS Evolution.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
Deaddy said:
kedest said:
Translates to CDN$55.19, too much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it