DS #3439: Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (USA)

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one wasn't that good. The RPG elements were really slow and boring, the AI was ridiculous, and the game didn't innovate much beyond the stale Bejeweled formula. A change in the shape of the grid might be enough variety for me to try this game out, but I can't see myself finishing it.

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joey Ravn said:
I didn't enjoy the first one much. The way the AI abused its "clairvoyance" to make long, unpredictable chains and potentially obliterate you in a few turns completely broke the game, IMO. I hope this one's better, because the concept is really cool indeed.

i'll have to declare shenanigans on that accusation. i ran across just as many insanely long unpredictable chains as the computer. the key was eliminating jewels at the bottom of the stacks, to give yourself more opportunistic matches in the middle and top of the screen during the ensuring avalanches.

Cai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goshogun1 said:
I don't really enjoy puzzle games that much, but something like this transcends the genre.

LOL. Hey, I think this and the last game are decent puzzle games, but do they really transcend the puzzle genre? No.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
man i was so waiting for this game and now ... wtf this game sucks bad !

well the hexagon field is rather nice but the bots cheating is way harder than before (sometimes i get like 90 dmg in one combo and my ship has only 60 life with 30 shield so i am death in one combo ! (i had that situation not only once -.-V)

and the Grafics outside a level look just crap, they should have let it be complete 2d without any 3d like in warloards.
I was mining like 2 hours only to notice that the only ship in shop that is better than my current one does not cost 50K but 500K and i only got like 50K in 2 hours ...

The Story line seems like there is none ... you start as some character that is top graduade from school or whatever and you get your first task than without knowing you are uselessly hacking gates nonstop (gives no exp ... gives nothing at all) and flying aimlessly trough the universe.
well there are "story" quests but the opponents are like "you hit me ? i don't bother i kill you in one turn if i want to!" -.-V

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow i had a nice prediction this coming out today or tommorow
geuss its today
rolleyes.gif

its a nice game i am a fan of puzzling situations

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHY ARE THE TOUCH CONTROLS SO UNRESPONSIVE
IT'S RUINING THIS GAME FOR ME

Seriously, it feels like they didn't even test it.
Fuck the DS version, I'm going to wait until it comes to XBLA.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
moo422 said:
Joey Ravn said:
I didn't enjoy the first one much. The way the AI abused its "clairvoyance" to make long, unpredictable chains and potentially obliterate you in a few turns completely broke the game, IMO. I hope this one's better, because the concept is really cool indeed.

i'll have to declare shenanigans on that accusation. i ran across just as many insanely long unpredictable chains as the computer. the key was eliminating jewels at the bottom of the stacks, to give yourself more opportunistic matches in the middle and top of the screen during the ensuring avalanches.

I would get lucky, but I would never get THAT lucky. Really, the proof that the AI cheats can be seen in the fact that there would be times where they'd have more than one combination of skulls to select to attack me, but instead they select a jewel color that they don't even need, which would start some massive chain of stuff that falls from off screen. I'm actually surprised people are arguing that the AI DOESN'T cheat; I thought it was obvious.

Still haven't played this one yet. Most impressions I've read are negative, but their expectations may very well be different than mine. I love the new hexagonal grid and have rinsed the flash demo for ages.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
I was giving the flash version a whirl while waiting for the DS one and I just don't get it. I try matching up 3 blocks only to have them reset and the AI gets a turn. I make a couple of matches here and there, seemingly with luck more than directly-applied skill, and the AI defeats me in about 2 minutes. I thought I was missing something so I read the (no)-help and didn't find anything useful there. While I wasn't awaiting the DS' version I can definitely say I'm not going to be playing it anytime soon if ever.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TraumaHoundNDS said:
I was giving the flash version a whirl while waiting for the DS one and I just don't get it. I try matching up 3 blocks only to have them reset and the AI gets a turn. I make a couple of matches here and there, seemingly with luck more than directly-applied skill, and the AI defeats me in about 2 minutes. I thought I was missing something so I read the (no)-help and didn't find anything useful there. While I wasn't awaiting the DS' version I can definitely say I'm not going to be playing it anytime soon if ever.
they have to match in a line
thats why youre incurring penalties

aaronburke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're trying to match up 3 blocks and they reset,
then you're doing something wrong unfortunately.
there is no PLAYING difference between the pc and
the ds versions, and i've played them both, and the
demo. all the same.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, I started it up to play for a few minutes, and it turned into a few hours.

This game is great.

The cheating AI is gone.

My only complaint is that everything takes FOREVER. going between menus, traveling between solar systems...it's annoying, but not annoying enough to make me stop playing by any means.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this game isn't big-name enough to get a big red "DO NOT REQUEST ROMS" warning? Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work