DS #3208: Taisen Kato-chan no Kororonpe (Japan)

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the box art's a little freaky... although if Japanese box art isn't freaky, we all get a little suspicious.
dry.gif

I have to say though, this one looks like the cartoon representation of a 1940's European Dictator... who appears to be smelling his fingers?

I'm gonna give this the once over to see if I can work out what's going on, and to find out how much the language barrier is going to be an issue.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Fun game. I recognise the style of the game, but I can't remember the western version of it. I also recognise the character from somewhere else, possible a previous game, not sure. The language is not an issue, very easy to pick up and play, though I would love for someone to explain the cultural references, if there are any.

Taisen1.jpg
Taisen2.jpg
Taisen3.jpg

Taisen4.jpg
Taisen5.jpg
Taisen6.jpg

Taisen7.jpg
Taisen8.jpg
Taisen9.jpg

Taisen10.jpg
Taisen11.jpg
Taisen12.jpg

Taisen13.jpg
Taisen14.jpg
Taisen15.jpg

Taisen16.jpg
Taisen17.jpg
Taisen18.jpg

The main game is competing against the COM, you rotate the coloured squares to make a link of 4 or more. Like Puzzle Fighter, as you make combos, it has a negative effect on your opponent and vice versa. These effects include dropping white blocks onto the grid, dropping big blocks, joining same colour blocks together, hiding the lower portion of the screen, making the block within the square grey scale or the increasing the 2x2 rotation square to a 3x3 one. There are also coloured direction squares that when linked change all the squares it's pointing to the same colour.

There is a puzzle variation where you have to clear the screen of blocks in as few moves as possible and a non-competition mode which is like Tetris of old where you play on your own, and have to last as long as possible before you die.

The options are a bit of a mine-field as I couldn't see what affect changing some of them had on the game. Overall a lot of fun, I found I want to keep playing just to see the next character or animation. I'd love to find out what all the Japanese is though, I'm going to have to spend a little time on the net trying to translate it as best I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m