DS #3060: Hotel Giant DS (Europe)

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Should be interesting to check this one out. Unless I'm mistaken, this is supposed to be the DS version of the GBA game. It wasn't as great an experience as it probably _could_ have been on that system, so hopefully this one finds a way to improve it.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Never played it on gba.

I wonder if this is similar to Sim Tower, which you gotta organize shops/apartments/office space, if so this should be good.

On that note, i wonder why no updates to the old Sim games didnt make its way across to NDS? funny for EA not to reuse old games for there money scheme.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, scratch my first post because I had this mistaken for that Sim Tower game. I recall hearing that it is slated for a DS remake, but this is not it.

The funny thing about this game is that it's closer to Sim type games than any produced by Maxis on the DS to date. You're managing a hotel that is populated by uncontrollable NPCs, and your job is to maintain and improve facilities to accomodate them and keep them satisfied. You'll choose where to install rooms, then can make various improvements to the rooms by upgrading the furnishings or adding new ones. You can also invest money into improving aspects of the hotel like entertainment or dining quality, similar to Sim City with budgeting money toward issues like environment.

I have only played the first few days so far, but I know somebody is going to enjoy this game so definitely check it out if you enjoy simulation genre games, and particularly if you were disappointed with the Sims offerings so far.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This was a PC game a few years back and that was CRAP TOO!!

meh too much shovelware lately maby we should petition nintendo for better games to be dumped erm i erm mean released!

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Well the boxart looks cool..
tongue.gif

I got the game.. Will play, make codes for it and ditch it..
biggrin.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Once you get infinite money, this might be fun.
They should just allow for a "god mode" in every simgame. It's just a fucking toy, I don't give a fuck about 12 year olds whining about how elite they are at city planning.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
This was a PC game a few years back and that was CRAP TOO!!

meh too much shovelware lately maby we should petition nintendo for better games to be dumped erm i erm mean released!

lol I've got the PC one sat on my hard drive waiting to be installed, if it's that poor I think I'll just save some space and get rid of it now! Is the DS version even passible?

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is definitely NOT Sim Tower/Yoot Tower and doesn't play a thing like it.

I'm sure a few people like me thought it might finally be Yoot DS, and had pictures of underground parking lots and elevator shafts with 18 carts in it in their heads.

Sadly the interface is clumsy, the game play is slow even when you chose the option to skip days, and the entire thing plays out like a bad Hotel Tycoon game released by Real Media.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
This was the game, if I remember correctly, where it started well and was very hectic as you tried to get everything working, managing the cash flow, arranging shops and facilities, and then after a while you got to a stage where it could run pretty much all by itself, with very little interaction from the player.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1