DS #2925: Populous DS (USA)

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally a Bullfrog game and then EA bought Bullfrog (as they do) and then released on the DS in Japan earlier this year. For some reason EA are letting someone else publish this outside of Japan. Yeah this game is always on this thread, maybe it'll be out this week.

Populous pioneered the God simulation genre. Featuring touch-screen controls that utilize the dual-screens, players manipulate 5 elementally-imbued gods, each with their own unique miracles, within an extensive single-player campaign. Within the multiplayer wireless mode, up to 4 players can unleash earthquakes, tidal waves and raging volcanoes onto rival players' lands.

The Japanese version was hacked with some English and I had a quick go and fount it to be a decent port.

Video Link

-From Hadrian's Thread
too lazy to quote >.

aznvienna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES! HEAVEN THANK YOU@!!!! Good that its not postponed
tinymonkeyt said:
Originally a Bullfrog game and then EA bought Bullfrog (as they do) and then released on the DS in Japan earlier this year. For some reason EA are letting someone else publish this outside of Japan. Yeah this game is always on this thread, maybe it'll be out this week.

Populous pioneered the God simulation genre. Featuring touch-screen controls that utilize the dual-screens, players manipulate 5 elementally-imbued gods, each with their own unique miracles, within an extensive single-player campaign. Within the multiplayer wireless mode, up to 4 players can unleash earthquakes, tidal waves and raging volcanoes onto rival players' lands.

The Japanese version was hacked with some English and I had a quick go and fount it to be a decent port.

Video Link
U mean hadarin? >_>
Edit: nvm.... u edited it

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
It is THE God Game of all time, the game that made Peter Molyneux popular.

It is awesome. It's also fun as all hell. I've been waiting for this game to appear in a decent form to a handheld since Game Boy Color days. I still have the original Populous 2 (which this is a port of) disks for the Amiga.

So yeah. The first good game of the guy behind Fable and Black & White. Both of which are inferior to Populous & Dungeon Keeper.

If you've never played either, you really should. They're still excellent games in 2008 even if they need trickery to run on XP.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yay, finally! Been playing halfway through this in engrish already and enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward playing through the real one now. Great game.
smile.gif

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Taza said:

It is awesome. It's also fun as all hell. I've been waiting for this game to appear in a decent form to a handheld since Game Boy Color days. I still have the original Populous 2 (which this is a port of) disks for the Amiga.

So yeah. The first good game of the guy behind Fable and Black & White. Both of which are inferior to Populous & Dungeon Keeper.

If you've never played either, you really should. They're still excellent games in 2008 even if they need trickery to run on XP.

Now all we need is Powermonger, Gods, and Shadow of the Beast and I'll be happier than a pig in shit!

It's probably too much to ask for a port of the PC game Wings of Glory...that one was hard to get running on DOS back in the day...I imagine it would be dang near impossible on XP. Or how about Crusader:No Remorse/No Regret?

shiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good old times, gonna check that out as soon as i finish all the other great stuff coming out these days. Maybe same time next year or so. Loved that game to death on the PC back then. Terraforming and pseudo 3D was teh awesomeness.

f00had

Trophies
XP
Country
What's this game like compared to Populous The Beginning? I liked fighting other tribes in that game but in this all I see is 2 Gods dancing around the field :S

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
@everyone:

This is a port of Populous 2, better than Populous: The Beginning.

Try2bcool said:
Taza said:

Now all we need is Powermonger, Gods, and Shadow of the Beast and I'll be happier than a pig in shit!

It's probably too much to ask for a port of the PC game Wings of Glory...that one was hard to get running on DOS back in the day...I imagine it would be dang near impossible on XP. Or how about Crusader:No Remorse/No Regret?

For you, one word. DosBox.

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowXP said:
Theme Hospital DS please, EA.
Totally Agree... Theme Hospital was a classic... "Patients... please keep your germs to yourselves".

Syndicate was nice too.

I'll enjoy this one.. the original populous rocked. So.... someone above mentioned this is populous 2? or is it populous 1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol