Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Tom Clancy's EndWar for Nintendo DS allows players to command an elite military force on the ground, in the air and on the seas during World War III. Take control of the elite U.S. Joint Strike Force, European Enforcers Corps or Russian Spetsnaz Guards Brigade and lead your faction to victory in three separate yet interwoven single-player campaigns. Each campaign includes over 30 battle scenarios taking place on real-world battlefields including Paris and London, and features increasingly challenging missions and objectives. Fight against a friend in tense two-player battles in any of the 100 ready-to-play scenarios or in your own custom-created missions.

QUOTEESRB Rating: T for Animated Blood, Drug Reference, Language, Mild Violence
Local Play: 2 Versus
  • Turn-based strategy with a twist: Simultaneous move and attack phases make the experience as intense and authentic as real-time strategy.
  • Three campaigns, one for each faction, with increasingly challenging battle scenarios and objectives.
  • Over 20 units and vehicles per faction including ground, air and naval units. Units gain experience in combat, dramatically improving their combat performance.
  • Two-player versus multiplayer mode, including additional missions specifically designed for multiplayer battles.
  • Easy-to-pick-up mission editor: Create and share your custom battlefields and battle scenarios to play solo or against another player.
  • Full stylus control on Nintendo DS.

Looks good.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Screenshots from IGN:

tom-clancys-endwar-20081020053345261_640w.jpg
tom-clancys-endwar-20081020053342558_640w.jpg

tom-clancys-endwar-20081020053346543_640w.jpg
tom-clancys-endwar-20081020053349183_640w.jpg

Looks a lot like Advance Wars....

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
About campaign
QUOTE said:
..The peaceful tranquility is interrupted as Russian forces satge suprise attacks against Europe..
After it's defeat in the European campaign Russia decides to lauch a daring offensive to re-capture Alaksa..
Sorry but this is just propaganda.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think the console one was done pretty well, I like the whole approach they took. It's fresh and unique.

The DS version on the other hand, eh, looks sketchy, but I suppose I'll give it a chance. Don't disappoint me Ubisoft.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The DS - and I believe the PSP - version was made by the guys who created the Battle Isles series back in the days. I can't wait to get home and try out Endwar tonite, it certainly has potential.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a pretty good game.

The way you have your turns is interesting.

When you start, it is your "Move Phase". You move your units.

Then it is your attack phase. You select units and tell them what to attack. Then it become your move phase again, and so on.

However, this is where it gets interesting. When it is your move phase, it is your opponent's attack phase, and vice-versa.

When you make your moves, they don't take place straight away. Instead you end your phase and THEN your moves take place. Your opponent does the same with attacks. Attacks take place before moves, so when everything moves your units are attacked and then they move. The opposite happens with your attack phase.

This means that when you choose where your units will move, you have to think of what units will be attacked, and choose their position based on that.

For example, you might move a unit to an airport to heal because you think it might be crippled by the attack.

red_fox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm wondering if I should try this or the PSP version, I think it's the same game (?) but it might work better with a larger screen since I never use the touch controls in advance wars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ anything new in gaming?