DS #2856: Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs (Europe)

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol
this totally reminds me of this old school dinosaur game i had
back when dinosaurs were teh awesome (they still are)
i feel like playing because its like lost in blue...except your a dinosaur
and the fighting is probably like..wrestling with dinosaurs
i wonder if you could eat your opponent if you were a t rex..

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm....basically this is an adventure game with 3D fighting elements. You wander around a map and look for fossils, meanwhile you fight any dinosaurs you come in contact with. You can upgrade your dino with extra abilities such as strength, speed, defense and can also change his appearance. Fighting gets you eggs which you use to upgrade the dino. Completing levels (finding all fossils and beating all relavent dino's) grants you extra moves and abilities. As you wander, you can refill your health bar by drinking water and eating dino corpses.

The fighting is kinda lame.....you start a battle, you choose your attack posture, then a squiggly line is shown on the bottom screen, you must trace the line to commence your attack. You can select things like whether to use an attack or defense posture, your particular move to use (once unlocked) and then go on the tracing fest.

Graphics are pretty good (for a DS game) and the sound is mostly just dino roars and such. Load times are long and annoying.

Oddest thing about the game is that the last "fossil" you find is usually some kind of end boss, but not the prehistoric kind. It's silly stuff like fighting a phonebooth (WTF?!?) in level 1 and a tractor in level 2. I haven't played beyond level 2 yet.

You gain more dino's to use in "Quick Battle" mode by playing adventure mode.

This seems mostly like a game to entertain young children. I blasted through the first 2 levels without hardly ever taking any damage. Definitely more of a casual gamer's game than anything else.

Spaceman016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kazuki_pl said:
looks like crap to me o.O

*looks for a vid on teh net*

actually i watched a vid on youtube it looks really good but i havent tried it
i like games where u can build ur chars up to make em stronger and such will give this a test out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess s22 is getting Ai features after Samsung was like lol no just s24