DS #2850: Bienvenue chez Les Ch'tis: Le Jeu (France)

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A simple observation from the box art alone: France now has rednecks!? First, we lose the monopoly on idiots here in the U.S., and now we're losing our lower white people? How long before you take KFC...wait, they have KFC outside of the states? (Censored!)

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
this covers just weird...
blink.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to google video, this isn't an adventure game, it's a mini-game collection.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
In fact, the movie is about mmm don't know the english name...
Most of people in France thinks that people from nothern part of France are a little bit "redneck" (less than redneck idea as in USA), mainly because they speak a locale deformation of French with "strange" speaking accent.
Ideas are : it is always cold there, people are always poor, maybe idiots etc., weather is so awful that it rains every day...

The movie is a comedy running with these ideas : the character on the right is a director who must go working in the "north" so he's terrified and the other character is one of his employee (also the director of the movie).
Of course, this is a comedy with happy end.

In France, ithe movie made equal entries as Titanic (20 millions people + illegal download
tongue.gif
) so it is the most seen movie in theater in France over the entire history.

English Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bienvenue_chez_les_Ch%27tis

phenixz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Social0 said:
This was an awesome movie!

But I can't see a reason for a game... hmm.

To make easy money near Christmast and in North of France they also have Saint-Nicolas/Sint-Niclaas which came in about a month ...

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
phenixz said:
To make easy money near Christmast and in North of France they also have Saint-Nicolas/Sint-Niclaas which came in about a month ...
DVD release too, you can see some stupid ads on TV, they hope they will buy the game after buying the DVD.
I'm really sick of Bienvenue chez Les Ch'tis, this film doesn't deserve one tenth of its success, people just got depressive when they discovered how stupid is our new president, and just rushed to cinema for the film with the highest buzz around
dry.gif

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Read my previous answer, with the link to Wikipedia article...
Basically, yes.
ch'tis is the name :
- for people
- for their language
- for their culture
It is a global term.

Is is not as negative as "redneck" term because "redneck" is an insult, I think
wink.gif

Ch'tis are like "Californian" (people from California), except there are particularities...

To Krazplay : les goûts et les couleurs (je me bidonne à chaque vue) => in english : everyone likes different things. The movie aims something inside us, if you're not aimed...

kazuki_pl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
TheSpade said:
A simple observation from the box art alone: France now has rednecks!? First, we lose the monopoly on idiots here in the U.S., and now we're losing our lower white people? How long before you take KFC...wait, they have KFC outside of the states? (Censored!)

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
you owned me with this xD

71scorpion71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As explained before the 2 guys on the cover are the mains characters from the movie

and for info :

The left one is Kadour Merad (actor's name) playing the bank director, and the one on the right is Dany boon (actor, formely well known comedian around french speaking countries) playing the limited postman, but nice character.

Just my 2cents ^^

Scorpion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1