DS #2809: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (USA)

nintenduh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't work for me either...

I've tried 2 SD cards with my M3 perfect SD (not SD mini, but a regular SD)

It won't load...

I checked the m3 wiki and it gave me specifics which FW,GW and settings I should use...did all those things (As always, with other games, it always works) But OoE doesn't work...

so what do I see?:

-Ds turns on;
-automatically opens the M3 menu (bottom screen);
-I pick the games icon (bottom left icon);
-I pick Castlevania (it even has the little icon that you see with a normal copy of a game in the DS menu, just to show it is a right version)
-I can then choose to 1). open Rom ("a" button) or 2). open demo ("start" button)
1). open rom, then you get another screen telling you to press either start or "a" to start the game (no difference in a/start this time)...Then I get a black screen...
2). open demo, then you get the same screen as with one, the only difference being that I get a black screen (3 secs) followd by a white screen...
-With either the white and the black screen, my DS freezes...not even after waiting 15 minutes does the game start...in other word: the game freezes before it even starts...

My specifics:
-"old" nintendo DS (not a lite);
-Passkey/passkey 2 (I need passkey, because my DS is that old:P)
-M3 "perfect" SD (not mini SD)

I use:
-Castlevania order of Ecclesia by Venom;
-Firmware 35 (latest, m3wiki told me to use that version);
-Gameware 36a (latest, m3 wiki told me to use that version);

With gameware I give these settings:
write nds --> software reset; 4x DMA, force R/W, trim rom (just like m3 wiki says)

As mentioned earlier...other games work just fine (Zelda Phantom Hourglass for example), I already tried to format the SD card and then putting OoE on my SD, but I get the same effect (black/white screens), I even tried different SD cards!...Cards that work fine with other games!
I'm also certain that I have the right romversion (though I tried several ones, just to be sure), because a whole lot of comments below the rom-downloading-place had positive reactions to this rom...

So I beg you...please help me:)

Update: not a single game works for me anymore -.-'

manueldelalas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This game is great; for me it is the best Castlevania game ever. Just finished it yesterday. If you think the main game is hard, just wait until you try hard mode; that is like 10 times harder (no kidding).

The challenge is great; I love how you have to think before every boss battle. If you know how to defeat a boss they are very easy; so you have to figure strategies to defeat them. The bosses are hard, but the game is forgiving... you can save before every boss battle, and the sense of accomplishment is great.
I found the Frankenstein boss to be one of the easiest though, I don't know why someone would have problems with that one...

The glyph system is really great; using two weapons at the same time, and using union glyphs gives this game a lot of depth. You can hit twice as quick than other Castlevanias, you can use different glyphs, combine them with the R-button glyph (special glyphs), etc.
Another great thing is that levels of your character in this game don't matter so much. You can beat any boss at any level, but the important thing is to figure the boss patterns and weaknesses; and you have to equip the right way to fight them. There is even a mode were you have to pass the entire game at level 1.
Also a welcome change is that some monsters have glyphs, but they won't give it to you by killing them (like in Aria, which was a pain in the ass), but you have to steal them while they are using them (some monsters, not all). Also not all monsters give you glyphs.

The levels are great, very varied, and the final part of the game is a pleasant surprise. If you are struggling finding an item, you can buy special items online.
Also, Shanoa is a great main character, and the art of the game is awesome, I'm really glad they stopped with the awful anime style.

This game is my personal Game of the Year; a really pleasant surprise (after the disappointment that was PoR) and it is by far the best Metroidvania game ever (better than Aria and SOTN).

Awesome game. 10/10

Also, hints for three bosses I found difficult:

The arrow special attack (UP+X or UP+Y) does HUGE damage to him; at this point you should be able to launch two of this attacks, so the first thing you should do in the battle is the special attack, and then attack with hammer until he climbs. After the climb, do the same attack pattern, and in the third floor if you don't figure out how to kill him, you don't deserve to play this game =P. Also, this should let you finish him quickly, thus destroying the theory that this is a boring fight

Complete the Onyx (found in Tristis pass, hitting walls in the vertical room with ectoplasms) and Diamond (I think there is one on another vertical room in Tristis pass) quest; buy the Onyx pins (the ones that reduces dark damage) and equip them. The rest is up to you

The most important thing in this fight is breaking his bows; using any strategy, although I recommend breaking them before breaking the knees; and then, when attacking his head, use a long distance weapon, like Axes (great for breaking bows also). If you have Rapidus Fio, use it.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wow this castlevania sucks, i didin't say those words since castlevania 64! This glyph gimmick is so lame, the way the map works sucks too, i prefer the big open ended castle like in SotN or previous ds/gba titles (yes the previous one wich i forgot the title had you enter paintings i know but you still had a big castle too). I like the main character she's cool by my book but damn can't she just wield a normal weapon? Nooooo, get GLYPHS instead. anyways i'm too tired to really make a point here just know that if you've been plaing castlevania since the beggining like me you probably won't be too content with that one.

m-dog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game doesnt suck its freaking awesome !!
Its a bit slow in the biggining though
rolleyes.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
fatfrank said:
wow this castlevania sucks, i didin't say those words since castlevania 64! This glyph gimmick is so lame, the way the map works sucks too, i prefer the big open ended castle like in SotN or previous ds/gba titles (yes the previous one wich i forgot the title had you enter paintings i know but you still had a big castle too). I like the main character she's cool by my book but damn can't she just wield a normal weapon? Nooooo, get GLYPHS instead. anyways i'm too tired to really make a point here just know that if you've been plaing castlevania since the beggining like me you probably won't be too content with that one.

Don't think of it as a Glyph. Think of it as a normal weapon, and think of the green bar as stamina. It'll make more sense that way.

Seriously, why is the glyph system getting so much bashing? It is just a normal weapon. Why are people so butthurt because they can't swing a giant sword indefinatly anymore?

Also, from the way you make it sound..

QUOTEanyways i'm too tired to really make a point here just know that if you've been plaing castlevania since the beggining like me you probably won't be too content with that one.

omg, did u hear how dese new castlevania games have moar weapons than just da whip? omg it's so lame. if u've played the older castlevania games u won't be happy D:

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I do make backups so all my saves are safe but I had just played like 4 hours of Order of Ecclesia since my last backup and got right up to the Dracula fight (I had explored most maps 100%, the castle was at 97%) and the savefile from my last backup is way too far back.

Can someone please upload a savefile for me? I'd really appreciate it if it's before winning the Dracula fight for the first time, any items and glyphs are okay but I'd really like a save with Nitesco and Vol Luminatio on it already as well as the Garbo Hat, Knight's Cuirass, Hierophant Ring, Thief Ring and Moonwalker boots. I was level 48 with 708 HP and 160 hearts, I can't remember how many MP I had.

I'm so pissed but I don't think I'll play Order of Ecclesia again until I can get a save that was more or less the same as mine so please I'd really appreciate it.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Truliche said:
I do make backups so all my saves are safe but I had just played like 4 hours of Order of Ecclesia since my last backup and got right up to the Dracula fight (I had explored most maps 100%, the castle was at 97%) and the savefile from my last backup is way too far back.

Can someone please upload a savefile for me? I'd really appreciate it if it's before winning the Dracula fight for the first time, any items and glyphs are okay but I'd really like a save with Nitesco and Vol Luminatio on it already as well as the Garbo Hat, Knight's Cuirass, Hierophant Ring, Thief Ring and Moonwalker boots. I was level 48 with 708 HP and 160 hearts, I can't remember how many MP I had.

I'm so pissed but I don't think I'll play Order of Ecclesia again until I can get a save that was more or less the same as mine so please I'd really appreciate it.

i would give you my save but i already beat dracula sorry...

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
and advice on hardness of the game? I already beat 3 bosses but the normal enemies are still too hard for me.

I'm currently after that skeleton chamber boss.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
test84 said:
and advice on hardness of the game? I already beat 3 bosses but the normal enemies are still too hard for me.

I'm currently after that skeleton chamber boss.
Power-level, and make sure you find all the HP Max Ups.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
whats Power-Level?
MY main problem is normal enemies, my attacks are still too low for them, I finished like 4 Castlevania games already but this one is strange, I sometimes can't even reach a save point.

As mentioned earlier, my main problem is normal enemies, the ones like Rock Knight or Grim Reaper are like impossible to kill.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have killed one of them, just look at their profile and find out what they weak against, that way can deal more damage to them. Also try to use the backdash more, it helps to avoid attacks were the enemy throws something at you, or just use your union glyph if your really in a pinch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...