DS #2799: Dinosaur King (USA)

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title of this game suggested to me that it would be kickass, but the two main characters on the front tell me it'll be lame, probably similar to Digimon or Spectrobes but not as good.

aznvienna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard this was based on a rock-paper-Scissors system
another pass for me. This is a bad week man
hate2.gif

Oh well, im still busy with september

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
In fact it's rock-scissor-paper... with a particularity. They made it all characters shout stuff around while battling according to a pattern. Hence you can predict what the AI is doing next listening to their ramblings. At least the unholy luck principle is gone with that but besides this... They also put in some digging stuff so you can go dig around for fossils and items. Restoring dinosaurs ( using the pen to brush your ass off ) is annoying. In 99% of cases your tool will break before reaching the end ( programmed too short lived => impossible ). Doesn't matter though as it only indicates the starting strength ( and those 2 or 3 levels you gain quickly on your own doing a few battles so it's not worth anything to even try to be good at restoring them ). Dialogs are very cheesy. The artwork is okay. All in all a time filler until something better comes around.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the U version of 2622, and no-one had much positive to say about this game in that release thread either. One to skip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo