DS #2794: Sonic Chronicles Dark Brotherhood (USA)

Delfin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
delfin.zapto.org
XP
Country
It's a decent game, but the beginning has a few quite frustrating game mechanics and which I haven't found out personally yet (since I haven't been playing much further than getting Big in my party) if they become better or not.

Spending 50-75% of the time seeing "miss" in a fight isn't fun, and the chasing concept when there's 4 party members is very frustrating too at times, there's no rhythm whatsoever to the jumping for the characters and you have less than half a sec to react to 2-4 jumps at once sometimes.. not even Ouendan is like that.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this game is bad than I wanna know what you people deem is good! This was a very good RPG, much better than the drivel we've had recently.

This was different to these boring, samey, nerdy RPG's with the same old tired anime look that are always out now.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
If this game is bad than I wanna know what you people deem is good! This was a very good RPG, much better than the drivel we've had recently.

This was different to these boring, samey, nerdy RPG's with the same old tired anime look that are always out now.

I agree. It's good fun, haven't finished it yet but I'm enjoying it so far.
smile.gif

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Novelsito said:
you didnt miss anything
probably the worst game of the year
QUOTE(Schlupi @ Oct 18 2008, 09:00 PM) Crappy game= no capture of my interest.

go play Mother 3 instead.

im willing to bet you both didnt even play the game. general opinion is that its good, by the media and people who actually played it. unless you have some constructive posts about why its bad how about you just not bother at all?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
Novelsito said:
you didnt miss anything
probably the worst game of the year
QUOTE(Schlupi @ Oct 18 2008, 09:00 PM) Crappy game= no capture of my interest.

go play Mother 3 instead.

im willing to bet you both didnt even play the game. general opinion is that its good, by the media and people who actually played it. unless you have some constructive posts about why its bad how about you just not bother at all?
Sonic Chronicles isn't just slow paced for a Sonic game, it's slower than most RPGs. The battles are slightly less deep than even the shallowest of RPGs, and the overworld puzzles require such complicated solutions as "you need to switch to Amy". The story is less exciting than the crap story in Sonic Rush Adventure, and you have to spend a lot of time wandering around just to find what happens next. A significant chunk of the game consists of going to places so that you can find out what other places you need to go to, like a giant fetch quest without the items to be fetched. The music stinks; they completely missed a brilliant opportunity to use the Green Hill Zone theme from Sonic 1 in Green Hill Zone, or the level complete theme used in virtually every Sonic game since Sonic 3 for completed battles (you'd think it'd be obvious, but they screwed it up), instead using throughout the entire game original music that ranges from sub par to genuinely atrocious.

This game is by no means bad on the same level as M&M Kart Racing, Ninjabread Man, or Anubis II, but it's not nearly as good as the many would have you think. The only things it even does tolerably well are done much better by other games. Basically, it's worth a play if you've already completed EVERY OTHER RPG EVER RELEASED and you need something to fill your time.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Yeah you see thats a better post. about the music thing though, wouldn't green hill zone or any of the fast paced 16bit music be completely inappropriate for an RPG?

St_Zartan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
The internet doesn't have the diligence it once had. Remember years back when all we had were NES and SNES roms? And people had actually gone and translated games that you couldn't get outside of Japan. THAT was dedication. Today it's no longer like that, and personally I blame the media's invasion of the internet, the mainstreaming of the internet, and the persistence of puerile memes and the vandal mentality that has done for the internet what the religious imperialism of the dark ages did for the human race's progression overall.
I don't know who you are, but I love you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs