Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea the stylus map feature was a bit..
It doesn't even include the enemies on it and I doubt anyone will go 'Oh shit, I'm lost. Where do I go next? Gotta check the map'.

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Finally. Can't wait to play this.
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dernettemann1983 said:
Anyone know what to do in the 3. Mission when the big bomb scrolls down? normaly the game should go foward but nothing happen.
I played it with a M3 Real and latest firmware.

i'm stuck at the exact same position
at the end is some kind of elevator looking thing with a crank lever or something.. but nothing happens so.. as i can't destroy that big ball that comes rolling down, i just have to wait until it crushes me
frown.gif

r4 here btw.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cosmiccow said:
dernettemann1983 said:
Anyone know what to do in the 3. Mission when the big bomb scrolls down? normaly the game should go foward but nothing happen.
I played it with a M3 Real and latest firmware.

i'm stuck at the exact same position
at the end is some kind of elevator looking thing with a crank lever or something.. but nothing happens so.. as i can't destroy that big ball that comes rolling down, i just have to wait until it crushes me
frown.gif

r4 here btw.

I got past that level.....you walk up to the lift and fire at it. That will cause you to turn the crank on the lift and go down. Outrun the boulder all the way down.

It seems to work on the same principle as when you are close to an enemy and you knife him instead of shooting him.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Skoiler said:
I know Metal Slug is all about the gameplay
It never was "all" about the gameplay, or else it wouldn't have had such excellent graphics
nyanya.gif

I'm quite surprised about Metal Slug 7...it looks pretty shitty thanks to the unnecessary scaling, but gameplay-wise, I like it better than Metal Slug 4-6 so far
yaynds.gif

I still hope they'll port the game to another system..any other system would be fine, as long as the sprites aren't scaled and there aren't any slowdowns...

Still, this is the best handheld-exclusive Metal Slug game so far

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay :]
happiness! a new release overnight =D
well, if the graphics arent as good as the NeoDS
then i should just play the neods >.<
does it have a save function btw?

dude!
if they put wifi co-op, then that would've been so awesome :[
too bad, so saad

unduthegun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
yay :]
happiness! a new release overnight =D
well, if the graphics arent as good as the NeoDS
then i should just play the neods >.<
does it have a save function btw?
graphics are definately MUCH better than the NeoDS with the graphic scaling to fit the screen. pity they reduces the sprites size.

As for a save function, afaik it doesn't have one, but you can start playing the game at any stage you have arrive, and it stage is fairly short, it won't bugger you.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DrTek said:
Wow, what a big deal finding a rom that for one time is not on the "easy" places.
Just google the freakin' filename. No hard work at all...

Hmmm, the game still ain't 100% English after patching it. Options, Rescued Prisoners and Combat School still are Japanese. Anybody please fix the description in the first post. I would suggest something like 90% English.

For the slowdowns, SNK Playmore managed to get maximum power out of the DS - Kudos for that!

I love the Metal Slug series

EDIT: Sadly, there is no multiplayer at all -.-

The big deal is that when we were saying it was hard to find is because at that point IT WAS HARD TO FIND, it had only just then been dumped and scene rreleased. The only place on the web was on a chinese forum and they had posted to a fileshare website. other than IRC that was the ONLY place. If you googled it you anly got a handful of places and they were review sites, not ROM sites. About 12:30 onwards it was all over the place. That, as thet say was the BIG DEAL. People here know how to use google, thats how we found it.

That said I like the game given the hardware it runs on it's really good. Though I cant help but feel the GBA version was better
huh.gif

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
-GJ- said:
is that the full english patch?
so it patches the start menu, options etc too?

No, it's the same as the others, but in IPS format, cuz every OS has an IPS patcher and it's only 64bytes, rather than 25MB.

I don't think anyone is gonna spend hardcore time on making a 100% english patch cuz it's getting released and is playable with NO patch anyway.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yay! But no 2 player
frown.gif

jabjab said:
perhaps just me but quite a bit of slowdown on ak2 straight off.

Yeah, I've noticed some slowdown, not sure if it's just the AK2 or if it's a problem the game has (I know some of the older games had slowdown when insane amounts of things were happening at once). might try it with my R4 and compare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay