DS #2393: American Girl Kit Mystery Challenge (USA)

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
10 All the way! Whoo!!!
yaynds.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Is American Girl the name of the franchise or is it plastered across the front of the game as a selling point?

"Starring an American Girl! Safe for Conservative Christian children! Guaranteed 100% minority free!"

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BlueStar said:
Is American Girl the name of the franchise or is it plastered across the front of the game as a selling point?

"Starring an American Girl! Safe for Conservative Christian children! Guaranteed 100% minority free!"

rofl2.gif

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
BlueStar said:

I reckon it's the latter; the way it's plastered across the front is so shoddy.

So, is it even worth me asking, anyone know if this is any good or got screen shots? (I know I could use standard search methods, but I'd rather not know than find the info myself
tongue.gif
)

svenk91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Americans girls are a mystery challenge for me. One is conservative and blabla, and the other is a slut. Always a mystery challenge to get an American girl.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bri said:
American Girl is a brand name of (extremely expensive) dolls.

http://www.americangirl.com/agcn/index.html

-Bri
I like how the afro-american girl is from 1864...slavery was still legal back then - coincidence?
wacko.gif

Edit: okay, so she and her family are all determined to be "free"...that website still gives me a headache
unsure.gif

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I just went to that god forsaken American Girl site and I have to say the game they have on there would make a good basis for a DS game, given some deeper gameplay it could even be fun.

Also, is it just America that finds it necessary to put their nationality in titles of things? American Gladiators, American Girl, America's Next Top Model, American Idol, etc.

England has recently started doing the same, but our TV has always tried copy American TV, well, at least anything Rupert Murdock own does.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From now on, you shall be known as "American bunnybreaker."

If you go to the online store, you'll note that the doll clothes cost about as much as real clothing does. And you can actually buy real clothing for your kids that match the doll clothing. It's all quite frightening. I've actually been to the store in Chicago. I still have nightmares sometimes.

The stories of the dolls (particularly the historical characters) are actually quite detailed and deep considering the target audience.

QUOTE said:
Addy Walker’s story begins as she and her mother are escaping slavery to find Addy’s father and brother, who’ve been sold away. But their escape means leaving Addy’s baby sister behind—her cries could cost them their lives. Once Addy takes her freedom, can she re-unite her family?

So has anyone actually tried the game?

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)