DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
Lupigen said:
Also, for any future save builders, here's a list of the 221 songs that have already been put into Ranma's save file (The numbers are their current rankings, which can change at any time)

I know it would be convenient to have saves that are consistent, so the save with songs 1-100 will ALWAYS contain the same songs. However, the rankings will keep changing and the songs in the saves will have no song list to go with them. I suggest we constantly update the saves to reflect the latest rankings, then link users to the ranking page for the song list. That way, people will be able to use the newest ranking lists.

The way I see it... If you like a song and don't want to bother looking for it again, you should download it yourself. The pre-made save files should be generic, not tailored for any one person.

On a side note, I'm still waiting for a fix that will allow us to connect to Wifi so that I can start making the saves. @,@
I think before that someone should come up with a clean save with all tutorials already completed and at rank 10 with the unlock songs available so we don't have to tussle with that.

Gokuroro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Question for people hexing the save files: would it be possible (for people who don't know/want to make their own songs) to actually hex their saves and add 100 downloaded songs + 100 downloaded songs as custom songs?

That way people would be able to have 230 (+ bonus) well done songs, instead of 130 + bonus well done songs + 100 empty custom spaces.

the_joeba

Trophies
Website
www.comicofrevelation.com
XP
Country
United States
JaySee said:
Triforce said:
Dacvak said:
Does the Speaker Channel wad actually work for people? Would someone like to offer a link to (possibly ANOTHER forum) where we can download it?

Post any other relavent information for people just joining in.

~Dac
Works fine for me, proof in the link below:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1244115

I'm running 3.2E btw, doubt it makes a difference though.

For some reason the speaker channel is not working for me. I see the channel, but when i start it, it just sends me back to the main wii menu. im on 3.2U with wiikey. I also have an R4 running 1.18 with hacked ds_menu.dat

It worked for me. I have the same set-up. 3.2U wiikey, and the R4 with hacked ds_menu.dat
It's really cool.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JaySee said:
Triforce said:
JaySee said:
Triforce said:
Dacvak said:
Does the Speaker Channel wad actually work for people? Would someone like to offer a link to (possibly ANOTHER forum) where we can download it?

~Dac

For some reason the speaker channel is not working for me. I see the channel, but when i start it, it just sends me back to the main wii menu. im on 3.2U with wiikey.

You are the first person to come forward and say they tested it on an NTSC-U Wii. Maybe you should uninstall it and region patch the wad to NTSC-U and then install it again. Mine works fine without patching it i just used the region free wad on a PAL Wii. My Wii isn't modded btw but that shouldn't make any difference.

EDIT: Also i doubt the DS< >Wii connectivity will work with an R4, i haven't bothered to try it with mine as the CycloDS is connecting just fine.

Is there any way you can test it with your R4 so we can see if its a problem with the R4?
Wii: NTSC 3.2U
DS (flashcart): R4
Results: It works! The wad was already region patched.

DigitalSilence

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RanmaFreak said:
well, someone requested earlier if someone would post saves with the songs already downloaded, so I have 3 saves from my R4 that I can put up somewhere if anyone wants. I just finished downloading the last song, so if anyone doesn't want to go through with the trouble of downloading every individual song, they can just use my save.

Anyone want me to post it?

It took quite a while to download them due to the error where it gets stuck at the "saving..." screen, so I was just hoping to save others the hassle.

EDIT: Well, I'll put the saves up anyways, in case anyone wants them.

Megaupload Link:
3 Saves, 1-100,101-200,201-221

im going to try this on my m3perfect (probably just change the file extension), im also quoting the above post to bump the link so others dont have to dig for it as much as I did....

Edit: ok so that didnt work... any ideas how to make a 8mb .dat out of these?

thanks RanmaFreak!

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RanmaFreak said:
well, someone requested earlier if someone would post saves with the songs already downloaded, so I have 3 saves from my R4 that I can put up somewhere if anyone wants. I just finished downloading the last song, so if anyone doesn't want to go through with the trouble of downloading every individual song, they can just use my save.

It took quite a while to download them due to the error where it gets stuck at the "saving..." screen, so I was just hoping to save others the hassle.

Megaupload Link:
Now TC just need to add multiple saves, then I can get all the songs currently availible.

DigitalSilence

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

if youre looking for a REAL challenge in score edit this mans compositions will definitely give you that.

come hell or high water i will either create the above legendary song (Peaches en Regalia) for DX or eventually (if a converter is made) convert a midi of this.

Ladies and gentleman, possibly one of the worlds greatest musician/writer/composers.... Frank Zappa.

Good Luck!

lecture.gif

proxy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalSilence said:
RanmaFreak said:

Megaupload Link:

im going to try this on my m3perfect (probably just change the file extension), im also quoting the above post to bump the link so others dont have to dig for it as much as I did....

Edit: ok so that didnt work... any ideas how to make a 8mb .dat out of these?

thanks RanmaFreak!

I got the same problem, can anyone figure out how to use ranmafreak's save files on a m3 chipset?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Anyone know of other sites to get more BBS and BBX files?
I put a RAR with a large selection from various games, along with a link to where I got the BBS files from (there were tons more that I passed up). If you don't feel like searching page by page, go to my profile, and look for 'Show all posts by this member' or something like that. You should see it eventually ^^

darrenwongster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Any one else having problems getting the R4 8mb save files to work on a DSTT?

I am on an R4 which works fine (except for the live DL :-)

Problem is both my boys are using the DSTT. I already updated the latest DSTT kernel but now I can't even get the DSTT to boot up. Gonna try deleting the R4 save file later and see whether that is the cause of it

"[v1.12] 2008-06-26 New
* fixed the error of saving for 2385 rom (Note: Must be deleting the save file which creating by the old kernel os menu before using the newest kernel os menu v1.12)
* upgrade information library, up to 2385"
NB: #2385 refers to Daidasso Band Brothers DX

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
darrenwongster said:
Any one else having problems getting the R4 8mb save files to work on a DSTT?

I am on an R4 which works fine (except for the live DL :-)

Problem is both my boys are using the DSTT. I already updated the latest DSTT kernel but now I can't even get the DSTT to boot up. Gonna try deleting the R4 save file later and see whether that is the cause of it

"[v1.12] 2008-06-26 New
* fixed the error of saving for 2385 rom (Note: Must be deleting the save file which creating by the old kernel os menu before using the newest kernel os menu v1.12)
* upgrade information library, up to 2385"
NB: #2385 refers to Daidasso Band Brothers DX
Dstt doesn't support 8mb saves. V1.12 is not a fix, more of a work around.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got the M3 and G6 Real save for all 100 slots being open...

If anyone wants it, I'll upload it... but I can't get to WiFi, thinking I'm being blocked... Anyone have any screen shots of the "blocked" screen? I can't read japanese.

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
zidane_genome said:
Ok, I got the M3 and G6 Real save for all 100 slots being open...

If anyone wants it, I'll upload it... but I can't get to WiFi, thinking I'm being blocked... Anyone have any screen shots of the "blocked" screen? I can't read japanese.

I think you should as many M3 Real users are desperatly seeking for a working save!
wink.gif

parasyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So were there any programs that can preview BBS or BBX files? I like the BDX tool, but some of the songs in the pack that was posted have a bad text encoding so I can't read the names. I found an old tool called bbme, but the japanese site is giving 404s.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Here are the directions...

Download this file.

On your M3/G6 REAL, copy the file into the SYSTEM/saveDB folder. OVERWRITE the file already in the folder.

Now, rename the file to your ROM name (Daigasso Band Bros DX.sav for example)

You will get a full new game. You'll have to go though the tutorial, and get to put your own name in, and sign the "card".

I haven't been able to "hack" the ID yet, so you'll be able to save your own creations, but not able to download from WiFi, but you will have all 100 save spots open.

Enjoy!

If your wondering why the 8Mbyte save file is only 5.12k in the rar, it's because it's just a simple zeroed out file. only the basic header is in the file.

evhoria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JaySee said:
Triforce said:
Dacvak said:

~Dac

For some reason the speaker channel is not working for me. I see the channel, but when i start it, it just sends me back to the main wii menu. im on 3.2U with wiikey. I also have an R4 running 1.18 with hacked ds_menu.dat

I had the same issue you were having. I originally had a semi bricked US wii at 3.2U. I installed the speaker channel (WAD). I tried running it and it restarted my system. I didn't think I needed to uninstall it nor patch it since people online have been claiming that it's already patched. So I figured it's time to unbrick my semi bricked wii. So I did that. I was left at a full functional 3.2U wii and I tried starting the speaker channel again. Same thing happened. The wii just restarted after clicking on the Start button. Finally before I gave up all hope I decided to update my wii to 3.3U (through wifi) and than I ran the speaker channel. This for some reason made it work. I didn't have to uninstall the speaker channel at any point. I just updated my firmware to the latest and that seemed to do the trick.

Now I'm not saying that's what you need to go ahead and do to get this to work. I'm just sharing my experience. Maybe you don't want to update. I can't confirm to you that 3.2U is the issue because other people online here are claiming that they are running it on 3.2U - no problems. Well Goodluck - I hope this information is useful to someone.

evhoria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news for EZ Flash V owners. I noticed how no one really talks about that flash card. Did I miss any updates on this card. I know it plays the game fine on the latest firmware but it won't save properly and will surely not download any songs. Does anyone have saves for EZ Flash V with all the songs? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1