DS #2359: Soul Bubbles (Europe)

Nero_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've also been playing a few levels now and it's a pretty fine game. Has gotten some good reviews. To me it feels kinda indie. It has the same feel as playing for example Aquaria, Gumboy, Gish and somewhat Lost Winds. It's not that type of game really but feels the same, like a feel people working on it and doing great stuff. The gameplay is fresh and works really well. Don't let the weird boxart fool ya.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Love the graphics and the little touches, like when you kill an enemy it turns to a flower, and you can blow the petals off it. Great game, very innovative, excellent gameplay with nice easy controls, You can slice bubbles or enemies, draw new bubbles, join bubble and deflate bubbles, all to get from one side of a small maze to the other. Beautiful atrwork as well.

You could say it was a breath of fresh air.......

OuTee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Destructobot said:
I didn't have my headphones on so I can't say much about the sounds.
I have mine on and i can say ITS GREAT!!!

The whole thing made my day (night actually
tongue.gif
)... Its so so so so so so good!!!!!!!!! :]

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nero_ said:
Well, at least lol @ startup screen:

FfNspFarR.jpg

Hahaha! Yeah that startup screen reminded me of some release group that put little demos in front of those Commodore 64 games. It almost seems as if they are referring to that, anyway it's a strange thing to do with a game like this. I mean it's not like an idiotic game such as Worms, where they love to joke around.

Anyway, I was waiting very much for this game and I think it's TERRIFIC! It feels a lot like Lost Winds, when you blow the trees and branches move, it's almost as if they somehow are connected, the graphics, the wind element (or blowing) and the new age music.

I'm gonna play this a lot.

Tdon

Trophies
Website
hencegames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
IIRC someguy from the old Adeline team, the ones who made the terrific LBA games, was involved in this somehow.
So I wanted to play it anyway, but after reading the comments I REALLY want it.
Too bad I'm not allowed to d/l on this computer
frown.gif

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the type of out-of-the-box (I hate that phrase) thinking that more developers need to take when creating new titles for the DS. I mean, at first glance, who would think you could make a creative, innovative video game based on bubbles? But you know what, it makes perfect use of the touchscreen and is a lot of fun. Nice job.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Ohhhh, like little said, it'd be great to have it...
biggrin.gif
I guess... if nothing happens I'll have to wait till it's sold here in Spain!

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tdon said:
IIRC someguy from the old Adeline team, the ones who made the terrific LBA games, was involved in this somehow.
Oh no now I have to try it, how I loved those games.

Really is a shame about that boxart though. If I saw it in a shop I would have glanced at it and stayed far the hell away.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My comments about it from the other thread (for those who care:

Hadrian said:
I have it. Its great, very laid back but not really that challenging to be honest but I'm really glad I bought it as I've been looking for a new game that I can just play and chill out with.

Music is very ambient, there is singing but it fades in and out, drums get under your skin, I fount myself tapping to them.

Graphically, better on the DS! Very distinctive, well detailed I really can't flaw them. I love the way the bubbles react to the scenery and obstacles. Each world has its own look and feel and theme each add something to the gameplay to make it feel very varied.

I really liked having different masks to make different bubbles. The controls are so damn responsive, they are exactly how you want them to be.

Played 3 worlds so far, and loved every minute but don't play this thinking its gonna challenge the mind, play it for what it is, a very well made game. Some will complain about the difficulty being low but you've got to remember that this game is worlds apart from what we usually get on the DS & I can easily see me playing this over and over once I've finished this.

So far I'd give this 8/10

QUOTE(Hadrian @ Jun 14 2008, 10:03 AM) Got a more taxing later on, there was this bit where these creatures kept trying to eat my bubbles so I had to avoid them as well as spikes & fire at the same time. The puzzles and the way you get the bubbles through them are very well thought out & in times ingenious, its those that'll take the most time not navigating through the levels avoiding meanies. The game does seem to be very reliant on wind to stop you from getting through the levels quickly, at times it can be a little tedious.

Its very easy to pick up & play, my little girl isn't well so I had to stop a lot of the time to sort her out so sadly I've only gotten through 6 worlds out of 9 but it only took 4 or so hours to get through them, I was collecting a load of stuff too so I'm guessing it'll take around 6-7 hours to finish it properly but those hours will be spent well.

Finished it last night, only took a couple more hours to finish but loved it. Well worth the money and I still stand by the 8/10 score & I want to play it all over again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...