Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've taken the liberty of typing Nintendo Power's review of the game
smile.gif

---

When it comes to the cctions portion of action role playing, Summon Night: Twin Age delivers. The top-down combat is simple, responsive, and makes perfect use of the DS's touch controls. Tapping enemies to attack and tapping or dragging on the enviroment to move is thoroughly inuitive; I'd even say that the character movement is more satisfying than that of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (well, except on the occasions when I got caught on background objects). The comabt also has plenty of depth, due to a huge array of weapons, armor, accessories, special attacks, support skills, and items, as well as two distinct palyable characters that you can switch between with a simple screen tap. Excellent hand-drawn anime-style graphics, quality voice work, and an intriguing story help round out the package. But while the presentation and combat are wonderfully robust, other aspects of the game are very shallow; in fat, there really isn't much else to it. THere are no towns, tools, or puzzles, and almost every dungeon follows the same predictable pattern. The game has some Al issues, too: some bosses can be incredibly cheap (they become invincible for extended periods while charging up brutal special attacks), and sometimes my CPU-controlled partners refused to heal or attack, even when our friendship levels were maxed out. It's also unfortunate that there's no co-op mode - since you're always accompanied by an ideal addition. Despite room for improvement, Summon Night is quite enjoyable; what it does, it does very well. Players looking for a more well-rounded fantasy adventure, however, will have to conjure up something else.

Rating: 7.5

---

Screenshots

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
this makes me sad I still need to get a DS because of last occasion. Oh well, I'll stock up in my microSD.
biggrin.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange, I was going to grab this but all my sources are either down (vast majority of them) or don't have it up yet.

I was just looking at this one yesterday too, didn't expect it to be out so soon
smile.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its kinda like lost magic. where you control with the stylus and stuff. its cute :]
has nice cut scenes and voiceovers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro