DS #2326: Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga (Japan)

DukeZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kamiyama said:
Works with M3CF with dslazy and arm7 thing. Too many games and too little time, though. Ninja Gaiden 2, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit and now this...

What exactly did you do to be able to run it? As a crazy SRW fan, I refuse to believe I've got the only type of flash card that isn't able to run this game..

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DukeZero said:
Kamiyama said:
Works with M3CF with dslazy and arm7 thing. Too many games and too little time, though. Ninja Gaiden 2, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit and now this...

What exactly did you do to be able to run it? As a crazy SRW fan, I refuse to believe I've got the only type of flash card that isn't able to run this game..

Yes, I'd like to know too. Because I tried that and I still get the error.
How to you patch the rom to use 512kb saves as well?

FalconPunch!

Trophies
XP
Country
Zantagor said:
DukeZero said:
Kamiyama said:

Yes, I'd like to know too. Because I tried that and I still get the error.
How to you patch the rom to use 512kb saves as well?
don't know if the other cards have the same.. anyways i just press change a few times till it comes 512kb and save the setting.

btw weird is i got now a problem with my supercard with the save game... for example
saves at lvl4 > after a while lvl9 saves > turn off ds for a while > turn game on > save is lvl4 or there is no save!

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Kamiyama said:
I hope M3 team would do upgrade to M3CF and ASAP.
Face it, it won't happen! They haven't done one since last November! Do what I did and get a new card, I had good times with my M3 but its time as passed.

Game works fine on CycloDS Evo.

well M3's slot 2s chinese version got an update to firmware 36 late april. no idea why english version is being totally shafted.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ji have you tried taking off all your files and reformating it, because if you were using it on an R4 before, you are going to have to reformat the sd card.

PS; Can anyone tell me why it isn't working on my R4 when I activate cheats and is there anyway to fix this? I'm running 1.18 Yasu patched.

SilentJi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theundersquare.com
XP
Country
DarkSpace said:
Ji have you tried taking off all your files and reformating it, because if you were using it on an R4 before, you are going to have to reformat the sd card.
No, the SD card I'm currently using has only been used for my CycloDS. This is really the only game that's given me trouble (to the best of my memory, of course) and considering the possibility of encountering similar problems in the future, I just want to get this resolved.

In any case, I've tried patching/reformatting already, but that still seems to yield that same save/load error at the beginning. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? :/

moafuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you try patching it with the bin i posted? you never know.
bests of luck
grog.gif

Masx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to get this to work on the CycloDS? Getting stuck at the screen with the save/load error also.. Using the ARM7 patch reduces my file to 106MB for some reason also and still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks

moafuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it reduced the filesize to me too but it still worked 100% tho i don't have the CycloDS

but did you try patching it with the BIN i posted? i'm curious since using that it worked for me and i was wondering if it helped people with different carts.

Masx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I patched with it and I got the smaller file size so I figured it wouldn't work and deleted it. I'll try again and run it just to be sure.

SilentJi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theundersquare.com
XP
Country
moafuka said:
but did you try patching it with the BIN i posted? i'm curious since using that it worked for me and i was wondering if it helped people with different carts.
I tried patching it with that file and wound up with a ~1.2+ GB file, which obviously didn't work. The problem doesn't seem to be arm7-fixable, since it isn't saving that's the problem, but finding the correct file; for the record, I've tried transplanting working .sav files in, to no avail. :/

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
To all the people saying that after patching the rom it reduced the filesize.

This is what should happen as when the rom is unpacked it'll lose the dummy data so once you repack it it's bound to be smaller than the original, theres nothing wrong with that. Just think of it as having a trimmed rom.

SilentJi use my arm7 bin. http://rapidshare.com/files/119190850/arm7.bin.html

I'm 12hrs into the game on CycloDS and just recruited KOS-MOS so i can vouch that it works fine once patched with the correct arm7.
btw What the fuck are you using to replace the am7 bin? you should never end up with a 1.2+ GB file.

moafuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilentJi said:
moafuka said:
I tried patching it with that file and wound up with a ~1.2+ GB file, which obviously didn't work. The problem doesn't seem to be arm7-fixable, since it isn't saving that's the problem, but finding the correct file; for the record, I've tried transplanting working .sav files in, to no avail. :/
holy crap 1.2+ gb?! ok thats obviously not gonna work lol
that's helluva strange...

SilentJi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theundersquare.com
XP
Country
Triforce said:
SilentJi use my arm7 bin. http://rapidshare.com/files/119190850/arm7.bin.html

I'm 12hrs into the game on CycloDS and just recruited KOS-MOS so i can vouch that it works fine once patched with the correct arm7.
This is odd - I tried that .bin (with DSLazy/DSBuff), yet still get the same problem. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything correctly; could it be because I'm operating on Firmware 1.4 B2? Ugh, this is honestly quite irritating. :/

*tries again, researches other alternatives, et cetera*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64