Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Like with Puyo Pop Fever... This is available for DS in both US/EU, but the PSP version didn't reach US.
lecture.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was never a fan of this series but this version is completely horrid. Not even die hard fans will like this, total mess.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this the future of the DS - crappy old boring(yes Boring!) games?
mad.gif

Sunsoft are still around??
unsure.gif
wow I thought they left around the time that Ocean and U.S GOLD went.

Sunsoft did a lot of NES games (most notable Festers Quest and Batman The Movie), not so many on the SNES.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
I was never a fan of this series but this version is completely horrid. Not even die hard fans will like this, total mess.

are the frame skips really that bad??! 0_0

QUOTE(Fission @ May 18 2008, 09:13 AM) Is this the future of the DS - crappy old boring(yes Boring!) games? mad.gif

i think at this rate even the data design interactive games would be great *out of mere desperation*

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I really didn't like this version at all. I can't quite put my finger on why but it feels really cumbersome and not very intuitive. I cant really see any modern gamer would really be into this, it wasn't so much the gameplay but the graphics that astounded people when it first came out. They were actually pretty impressive back in the day, they just don't have the impact now. If they are going to remake old point and click adventures from the old days why can't they do LucasArts or Sierra ones. Portable versions of Discworld, Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, Police Quest would be awesome.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. As I was saying, just a bad port of this legendary game.

If you've only played on DS... Stop. Put it down temporarily. Go find the PC, Mac, PS1, Saturn, PSP, Jaguar, 3DO, or (insert system here) one. All of them are superior.

Yes, the DS itself is capable of doing it justice. This edition does not.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
I really didn't like this version at all. I can't quite put my finger on why but it feels really cumbersome and not very intuitive. I cant really see any modern gamer would really be into this, it wasn't so much the gameplay but the graphics that astounded people when it first came out. They were actually pretty impressive back in the day, they just don't have the impact now. If they are going to remake old point and click adventures from the old days why can't they do LucasArts or Sierra ones. Portable versions of Discworld, Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, Police Quest would be awesome.
ScummVM isn't enough for you? http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Platforms

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jalaneme said:
It's a point & click game, it are just pictures you click on to get to another picture to click on, it's not supposed to be like walking fluently or something.

QUOTE(Kaos @ May 18 2008, 11:14 AM) What's so bad about it?
Everything.
The controls, because the touchscreen is to small and inaccurate for the game if not modified in any other way then shrinking the images.
The graphics, because half of them are corrupted or not set on the right place on the other picture, which just looks horrible.
The music, because the voices are unhearable and I believe there weren't any subtitles or anything.
And just everything they could imaginably screw up, they did.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Monkey01 said:
jalaneme said:
It's a point & click game, it are just pictures you click on to get to another picture to click on, it's not supposed to be like walking fluently or something.

I thought it was one of those video adventure games. Was even the original myst just pictures or were the videos dropped for the DS version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...