DS #2244: PokÃmon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Time (USA)

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pie_Master178 said:
^^^
I'm not denying that...they have certainly breathed new life into the series,however as far as Rogue-Like games go this game isn't on par with Shiren >_< I will not deny that it isn't a good game though.

Rogue-Like games FTW! Indeed.

If you have a Wii, you might want to check out Chocobo's Dungeon of Forgotten Time, either now, in Japanese, or in July, in English ... they've done wonders with the genre ...

Plus, there are many more 'main-stream' Rogue-likes on the horizon ...

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I love pokemon but the only thing i hate is that they have separate versions every time. Its so hard to pick which one. I eventually went for time, i got someone else to pick for me.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh labeling the dungeon Series as a pokemon game Instantly detracts from it

But if you consider this game for what it is a idea stole from Azure Dream's for GBC it's actually a decent game

Pie_Master178

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Pie_Master178 said:
^^^
I'm not denying that...they have certainly breathed new life into the series,however as far as Rogue-Like games go this game isn't on par with Shiren >_< I will not deny that it isn't a good game though.

If you have a Wii, you might want to check out Chocobo's Dungeon of Forgotten Time, either now, in Japanese, or in July, in English ... they've done wonders with the genre ...

Thanks for the suggestion,I do not have a Wii at this moment sadly..I will acquire one sooner or later
smile.gif
I'm actually playing another Rogue-Like game on the PS2 named "Baroque" it's a pretty good game.(You should look into it,if you haven't already)

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PLZ explain what makes shiren and izuna so much better than this, IMO, this >>> those.

'Cept Izuna had the best storyline like ever... HAWT NINJA CHICKS FTW!!

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pie_Master178 said:
thebobevil said:
Pie_Master178 said:
^^^

Thanks for the suggestion,I do not have a Wii at this moment sadly..I will acquire one sooner or later
smile.gif
I'm actually playing another Rogue-Like game on the PS2 named "Baroque" it's a pretty good game.(You should look into it,if you haven't already)

wait... what?
arent chocobo dungeon, shiren, pokemon mystery dungeon, izuna just the same game chunsoft keep making but with different sprites/graphics, names and some difficulty tweaks?

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blahman said:
Pie_Master178 said:
thebobevil said:
Pie_Master178 said:
^^^

smile.gif

wait... what?
arent chocobo dungeon, shiren, pokemon mystery dungeon, izuna just the same game chunsoft keep making but with different sprites/graphics, names and some difficulty tweaks?
I don't think Chunsoft made Izuna.

thebert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it freezes right before the parter selection screen on DSTT...
frown.gif
I wanna play... I kinda like "boring, but in a fun way" games like these.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Doomsday Forte: That's an interesting analysis you just gave (first page of the thread). That's exactly my point with the Chrystal Cronicles series in the Final Fantasy franchise.

When I first heard about it I thought that an action game set in the Final Fantasy universe would be a bastard, then I played Ring of Fates and found it to be the most immersive Final Fantasy experience I ever had; despite the dumbed down script, the game was almost everything you would expect in a classic (pre FF7) Final Fantasy.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pie_Master178 said:
thebobevil said:
Pie_Master178 said:
^^^

smile.gif

I have Baroque on the DreamCast, the PS2 & the Wii
smile.gif

Glad someone else enjoys it lol

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm really enjoying this game ... keep switching between this and Mystic Valley, when I take my little breaks from work lol ... but, I find myself grinding and doing jobs, as opposed to working through the stroyline ... hmmm .... god, I love rogue-likes
smile.gif

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sephiroth1n6 said:
oh god yet another pokemon game
ph34r.gif

this looks even worse than the previous games

This is not a Pokemon game ... it is not part of the Pokemon series ... it is a Mystery Dungeon game ... part of the Mystery Dungeon series ... it just happens to have Pokemon in it ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk