DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowStitch said:
Yay, screw the good-natured conjecture -- let's all be douchebags and get even FURTHER off topic by turning the thread into a flamewar!

...on second thought, let Urza have the honors.
Will do you stupid twat.
wink.gif

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
archindivide said:
trinxified said:
I have a HUGE feeling there won't be a firmware update that can fix R4/M3. It seems odd that it will change its software similar to CycloDS.

If ever there will be a fix for us R4 users... It would be a patched ROM or something. Not a firmware update.

OR we hope the EUR release is good to go.

it seems like it would be wiser of the r4 team to just admit they are flawed and that to satisfy their customers that they could claim that all games work smoothly on their product

It isn't just R4 and it's clones that aren't working :/.

jink84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
ShadowStitch said:
Yay, screw the good-natured conjecture -- let's all be douchebags and get even FURTHER off topic by turning the thread into a flamewar!

...on second thought, let Urza have the honors.
Will do you stupid twat.
wink.gif
twatwaffles, all of you

archindivide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyscout said:
archindivide said:
trinxified said:
I have a HUGE feeling there won't be a firmware update that can fix R4/M3. It seems odd that it will change its software similar to CycloDS.

If ever there will be a fix for us R4 users... It would be a patched ROM or something. Not a firmware update.

OR we hope the EUR release is good to go.

it seems like it would be wiser of the r4 team to just admit they are flawed and that to satisfy their customers that they could claim that all games work smoothly on their product

It isn't just R4 and it's clones that aren't working :/.

true but im not saying every system shouldnt have a fix for it, theres no telling if they finally find a way to fix it that it will work for all of them either, but it seems more likely that the more popular cards will have the fix first, and that some of the unpopular cards may never have it

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To help you guys out, I deleted a large chunk of the single player file to test a theory, and sure enough, the game loaded and letting it sit there for an hour and a half on my DS (R4) it didn't do the screen thing. Whatever I cut A) was part of what was causing the problems, B) was at the last 1/4th of the file I cut C) screwed the opening level up to the point where all collisions were screwed.

This also disproves the CRC check everyone was babbleing about, because clearly the game doesn't do one. If the game crashes on you when you edit a file, it's because you are using what is known as NDSTool, which utterly blows for reconstructing a NDS file and keeping pointers in their proper positions for games that require it (Such as New Super Mario Bros and now, this). If you want to poke around and use your edits, get NitroExplorer, located here; http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=1968

Crescent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
To help you guys out, I deleted a large chunk of the single player file to test a theory, and sure enough, the game loaded and letting it sit there for an hour and a half on my DS (R4) it didn't do the screen thing. Whatever I cut A) was part of what was causing the problems, B) was at the last 1/4th of the file I cut C) screwed the opening level up to the point where all collisions were screwed.

This also disproves the CRC check everyone was babbleing about, because clearly the game doesn't do one. If the game crashes on you when you edit a file, it's because you are using what is known as NDSTool, which utterly blows for reconstructing a NDS file and keeping pointers in their proper positions for games that require it (Such as New Super Mario Bros and now, this). If you want to poke around and use your edits, get NitroExplorer, located here; http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=1968

it sounds reasonable except
to make sure it fully works, you actually have to play it
since leaving it there without deleting a huge chunk of the single player file
also does nothing
you have to go thru doors and such

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sonicandtails said:

Go to a new room. The moogle just doesnt appear out of no where.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sonicandtails said:

See, you say you just let it sit there, as opposed to playing it, right?

Well, the Moogle screen only appears when going through doorways in dungeons.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr4G0nZ said:
archindivide said:
Dr4G0nZ said:
Hmm.... I got the moogles three times, but then I never got them again. :wtf:
If it helps, I got them in around 45 - 1 hour durations each.

what flash cart did you have
Supercard Lite MicroSD

I've tested it on one of those ... I was getting 30 minutes+ between messages on it, also.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Sonicandtails said:

The protection might not be checking the CRC of the entire ROM, probably just the part that the R4/M3 Simply modifies..

Does anyone knows what exactly the R4/M3 Simply/DSTT does with the ROMs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.