DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
B4mV said:
i have no "thanks for plying" sreen after 4 hours
blink.gif

i have a R4 Card
yaynds.gif

and i have a german DS so it's proberly the ds ?!
ohmy.gif

and no people in german that

Hey ya,

How did you get FF CC : RoF working on your R4?
I mean I have got a german DS,too.But unfortunately it doesn´t work -.-
And wich firmware do you use at present?^^

P

pasc

stanleyopar2000 said:
o-kay..ive done HEAVY reasearch..chatted with DS HOMEBREW coders...and i know the problem

[COMMENTS TAKEN FROM SOME WEBSITE]

Some guy -

This game makes a CRC (copy right Code) -check at certain points; if the size is correct the game continues if not the "thanks for playing" appears.

So, if the flashcard uses clean roms (dsreal,cyclo,no$gba) the CRC will be correct and the game runs fine.
If the rom is trimmed or patched the CRC is altered and the game stops (after 20 min).
R4 and M3 use clean roms, but auto-patch the rom while loading.

another person - the R4 can't execute clean roms. The roms you put on your microSD might be clean (correct CRC), but the moment you select a game from the menu, the R4 patches the rom on-the-fly as it loads into the R4 internal memory (wrong CRC).

another user - Does the jap version have this problem?. If not has anyone tried extracting the usa and jap roms and switching language files around?

response from other user -
That sounds so crazy it might just work. I think I'll give it a try!

from some V.I.P member - Hmmm this is quite a funny turn of events
laugh.gif

It does not work on some Flash carts but seems to work just fine on on a DS emulator. I just tested it for a bit because I expect n00bs on another forum to soon show up and ask all sorts of questions about it. I played for like 40 minutes and beat the first boss in that training dungeon (that scorpion thing) and then got back home and woke up and I assume I am supposed to go take another crack at that training dungeon but I had had enough for now. No thank you for playing message ever appeared.

The emu I used was no$gba by the way and aside from a bit of a crackle with the sound it ran the game flawlessly. Either the latest donate to get it early version (2.6a) or the latest free version (2.6) should be able to play the game just fine once setup propperly. Be aware though that you have to save like you would on a regular DS (no special saveing for DS games supported at this stage) and that once you have saved you should reload (not reset) the game to ensure that that save it makes actually written to the harddrive (a small bug no$gba still has). If using version 2.6 you have to set the savetype manually which would be whatever savetype AdvanceScene gives you divided by 8. I suggest using the nocash renderer.

from me - playing this on no$bga works fine
biggrin.gif
(maybe a couple of buzzes in the sound every once in a while..but the NEW DONATE VERSION is the one that is confirmed....i suggest you torrent it if you dont donate. (i can't give link to it...might be considered "warez")

[END OF QUOTES]

oh and about dslazy editing...it MAY be possible..if SquareSoft (that right..i HATE their new name..SquareEnix. doesn't make any sense) diddnt get agressive with this and give 2 white screens if anyone mucks with the CRC checker...BUT its sounds so crazy..it just might work!
biggrin.gif

The World Ends With you, final Fantasy tactics A2 (U) and, Kingdom Hearts ds wil probably have this crap too cause sqaure is seeing what we are going through.

Say... you don´t mean my comment and therefore assiocate me with VIP, do you ?

@Zerrix: He clearly stated that he isn´t german...

If you need to speak germsn pm me if necessary cause this is a english board.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pasc said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
o-kay..ive done HEAVY reasearch..chatted with DS HOMEBREW coders...and i know the problem

[COMMENTS TAKEN FROM SOME WEBSITE]

Some guy -

This game makes a CRC (copy right Code) -check at certain points; if the size is correct the game continues if not the "thanks for playing" appears.

So, if the flashcard uses clean roms (dsreal,cyclo,no$gba) the CRC will be correct and the game runs fine.
If the rom is trimmed or patched the CRC is altered and the game stops (after 20 min).
R4 and M3 use clean roms, but auto-patch the rom while loading.

another person - the R4 can't execute clean roms. The roms you put on your microSD might be clean (correct CRC), but the moment you select a game from the menu, the R4 patches the rom on-the-fly as it loads into the R4 internal memory (wrong CRC).

another user - Does the jap version have this problem?. If not has anyone tried extracting the usa and jap roms and switching language files around?

response from other user -
That sounds so crazy it might just work. I think I'll give it a try!

from some V.I.P member - Hmmm this is quite a funny turn of events
laugh.gif

It does not work on some Flash carts but seems to work just fine on on a DS emulator. I just tested it for a bit because I expect n00bs on another forum to soon show up and ask all sorts of questions about it. I played for like 40 minutes and beat the first boss in that training dungeon (that scorpion thing) and then got back home and woke up and I assume I am supposed to go take another crack at that training dungeon but I had had enough for now. No thank you for playing message ever appeared.

The emu I used was no$gba by the way and aside from a bit of a crackle with the sound it ran the game flawlessly. Either the latest donate to get it early version (2.6a) or the latest free version (2.6) should be able to play the game just fine once setup propperly. Be aware though that you have to save like you would on a regular DS (no special saveing for DS games supported at this stage) and that once you have saved you should reload (not reset) the game to ensure that that save it makes actually written to the harddrive (a small bug no$gba still has). If using version 2.6 you have to set the savetype manually which would be whatever savetype AdvanceScene gives you divided by 8. I suggest using the nocash renderer.

from me - playing this on no$bga works fine
biggrin.gif
(maybe a couple of buzzes in the sound every once in a while..but the NEW DONATE VERSION is the one that is confirmed....i suggest you torrent it if you dont donate. (i can't give link to it...might be considered "warez")

[END OF QUOTES]

oh and about dslazy editing...it MAY be possible..if SquareSoft (that right..i HATE their new name..SquareEnix. doesn't make any sense) diddnt get agressive with this and give 2 white screens if anyone mucks with the CRC checker...BUT its sounds so crazy..it just might work!
biggrin.gif

The World Ends With you, final Fantasy tactics A2 (U) and, Kingdom Hearts ds wil probably have this crap too cause sqaure is seeing what we are going through.

Say... you don´t mean my comment and therefore assiocate me with VIP, do you ?

@Zerrix: He clearly stated that he isn´t german...

If you need to speak germsn pm me if necessary cause this is a english board.

lol xD
But his English was very bad,so I thought he´s really german xD
But I changed it into English
wink.gif

Perhaps he can understand it now^^

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
no...some VIP of another site...im not revealing any names as some members here at gbatemp maybe members "THERE"

UPDATE FROM - That sounds so crazy it might just work. I think I'll give it a try!

UPDATE - Well, the farthest I got in my Frankenstein's rom project was to switch sound files. It worked perfectly, the characters were speaking English but the text was still in Japanese. I think I was messing with some vital system file, I'd never hacked a DS rom before. But I think it's possible, if I managed to change the sound files, why not the text? If someone with some experience would try we could see.

I used DSbuff, by the way.

[END OF QUOTE]

maybe it can be done?

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using Ghosts sav and selected sav number 2, I played for 30 minutes so far. Already in town now.

I only noticed now that ghost did have a sav for the beginning of the game, so I will restart from there.

So far, this experiment is looking promising.

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using Ghosts sav, I still get the 'Thanks for playing' Moogle screen.

It happened just when you are about to go to the city. I decided to go back to the caves again to do some more leveling up. Then thats when the Moogle screen Hit.

Time was 45 minutes, including the 20 minutes that Ghost had already played into the game.

Got to admit, this looks to be a fun game. Reminds me alot of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.

Will play some more as-is, live with the damn Moogle screen until a solution is found.

After playing some more, I'll decide if I'll buy it.

Thanks for the save file though Ghost!

Posts merged

Oh, I'm using a UK NDSL with the DSTT running firmware V1.08 from Neoflash running with DMA on and Soft Reset and Cheats off.

tapsel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
commdante said:
@Migs

Just too let you know, not everyone can download from Megaupload even with their cursed plugin.
Heres a taster...

'All download slots assigned to your country (South Africa) are currently in use. Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot limitations for you!'

Trust me, it will say that *all* the time. absolutely can not be used for some people.

But thank you for the upload, it's very much appreciated.

I don't know about Megaupload, but usually if a website is restricted somehow from a certain country, configuring a webproxy from a different country (say the US or Russia) in your browser should do the trick.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am I the only one who's actually more excited to see how the different teams and particular users solve this problem than to actually playing the game?

What can I say... I love all this hacking/deving fuzz
tongue.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find it unlikely that where your DS is from will make any kind of difference ... especially as they are all manufactured in the same place.

The only differences are the power supply that comes with them, and the default language.

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more interested in seeing what team hacks it first
biggrin.gif
... I'm surprised it has taken so long to release a fix.

soulDSlever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you search around you can find a patched version of the rom by boXXle.

I found this info here: SCdev

Currently torrenting it right now. You should be able to find it if you google around. Lemme know if it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle