DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
o-kay..ive done HEAVY reasearch..chatted with DS HOMEBREW coders...and i know the problem

[COMMENTS TAKEN FROM SOME WEBSITE]

Some guy -

This game makes a CRC (copy right Code) -check at certain points; if the size is correct the game continues if not the "thanks for playing" appears.

So, if the flashcard uses clean roms (dsreal,cyclo,no$gba) the CRC will be correct and the game runs fine.
If the rom is trimmed or patched the CRC is altered and the game stops (after 20 min).
R4 and M3 use clean roms, but auto-patch the rom while loading.

another person - the R4 can't execute clean roms. The roms you put on your microSD might be clean (correct CRC), but the moment you select a game from the menu, the R4 patches the rom on-the-fly as it loads into the R4 internal memory (wrong CRC).

another user - Does the jap version have this problem?. If not has anyone tried extracting the usa and jap roms and switching language files around?

response from other user -
That sounds so crazy it might just work. I think I'll give it a try!

from some V.I.P member - Hmmm this is quite a funny turn of events
laugh.gif

It does not work on some Flash carts but seems to work just fine on on a DS emulator. I just tested it for a bit because I expect n00bs on another forum to soon show up and ask all sorts of questions about it. I played for like 40 minutes and beat the first boss in that training dungeon (that scorpion thing) and then got back home and woke up and I assume I am supposed to go take another crack at that training dungeon but I had had enough for now. No thank you for playing message ever appeared.

The emu I used was no$gba by the way and aside from a bit of a crackle with the sound it ran the game flawlessly. Either the latest donate to get it early version (2.6a) or the latest free version (2.6) should be able to play the game just fine once setup propperly. Be aware though that you have to save like you would on a regular DS (no special saveing for DS games supported at this stage) and that once you have saved you should reload (not reset) the game to ensure that that save it makes actually written to the harddrive (a small bug no$gba still has). If using version 2.6 you have to set the savetype manually which would be whatever savetype AdvanceScene gives you divided by 8. I suggest using the nocash renderer.

from me - playing this on no$bga works fine
biggrin.gif
(maybe a couple of buzzes in the sound every once in a while..but the NEW DONATE VERSION is the one that is confirmed....i suggest you torrent it if you dont donate. (i can't give link to it...might be considered "warez")

[END OF QUOTES]

oh and about dslazy editing...it MAY be possible..if SquareSoft (that right..i HATE their new name..SquareEnix. doesn't make any sense) diddnt get agressive with this and give 2 white screens if anyone mucks with the CRC checker...BUT its sounds so crazy..it just might work!
biggrin.gif

The World Ends With you, final Fantasy tactics A2 (U) and, Kingdom Hearts ds wil probably have this crap too cause sqaure is seeing what we are going through.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
o-kay..ive done HEAVY reasearch..chatted with DS HOMEBREW coders...and i know the problem

this is what one guy told me -

This game makes a CRC (copy right Code) -check at certain points; if the size is correct the game continues if not the "thanks for playing" appears.

So, if the flashcard uses crean roms (dsreal,cyclo,no$gba) the CRC will be correct and the game runs fine.
If the rom is trimmed or patched the CRC is altered and the game stops (after 20 min).

more - the R4 can't execute clean roms. The roms you put on your microSD might be clean (correct CRC), but the moment you select a game from the menu, the R4 patches the rom on-the-fly as it loads into the R4 internal memory (wrong CRC).

biggrin.gif

Nice post ... sadly, this has all been covered on here, over the past two days.

We already knew all this
wink.gif

Nice job, though.

Oh, and trimming the rom does not cause the issue ... you can trim away, to your heart's content.

Oh, and CRC does not mean 'copy right code', it means 'cyclic redundancy check'.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thebobevil said:
Grimalkin said:
thebobevil said:
I can't see how it's a save issue, though ... as I have tested the game from the beginning without ever saving ... I have played the early bits of this game a lot lol ... and get the message.

Well, it could be the initial sav itself; like the R4/Simply creates that save file before it starts the game.

The save file in my CycloDS started off in my M3 Simply ... hmmm, though I suppose the CycloDS could have altered that file when it first loaded it.

If it really works with the save-file from cycloDS or so on the R4/M3 it´ll be GREAT

So...
Here is a save-file Converter,where you can convert save-files for example a R4 save into CycloDS save or so
wink.gif

I hope someone has the time to test,if it´s working
wink.gif

Link: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:

So, if the flashcard uses crean roms (dsreal,cyclo,no$gba) the CRC will be correct and the game runs fine.

more - the R4 can't execute clean roms. The roms you put on your microSD might be clean (correct CRC), but the moment you select a game from the menu, the R4 patches the rom on-the-fly as it loads into the R4 internal memory (wrong CRC).

biggrin.gif

Actually CRC stands for Cyclic redundancy check

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Migs said:
So, for those that say 'go buy the game', well I clearly can't. Have to import the damn thing from the UK. It won't cost me 30 pounds, try 50 or even 60 with postage on for size.

Have you thought about getting the US version from Play-Asia? ... will be cheaper than getting the UK version from the UK.

Will give that some thought. thanks for the suggestion.
smile.gif

commdante said:
MIGS, check your pm for a nice import store (free shipping worldwide on most of their items). Dunno if "commercials" are accepted here, so I pm-ed it.

I've received it, thank you
smile.gif

QUOTE(DemonHunt @ Mar 13 2008, 03:09 PM)
When I used to live in South Africa, I ordered a book from the UK, which at the time cost £9.99, I had to pay £18 for the bloody thing. Glad I have left that god forsaken land.
*sigh*
Yeah, I hear you, I feel like leaving sometimes. Only thing making me stay is the weather climate (I Like It Hot!) and my family (Parents and God Parents).

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
commdante said:
@Migs

Yeah, customs can be quite anoying. That shop I mentioned earlier luckily sends them from within europe, so no customs
happy.gif

I guess they send the games with a container or something and distribute them via mail "locally". No idea how it's done for South Africa though.
I will look that up, thanks again for the info.

QUOTE(thebobevil @ Mar 13 2008, 04:40 PM) Here's a .sav file from me, also.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YPQJKF1R

This started off on an M3 Simply, then went onto a CycloDS.

Just too let you know, not everyone can download from Megaupload even with their cursed plugin.
Heres a taster...

'All download slots assigned to your country (South Africa) are currently in use. Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot limitations for you!'

Trust me, it will say that *all* the time. absolutely can not be used for some people.

But thank you for the upload, it's very much appreciated.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damian1990 said:
can somebody try to run a hardware dump of a other flashcard on r4 to run this

Like I said...
Try to convert the save-files between the FlashCards...
Here´s the link: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php
-----
Perhaps it helps and there is no more "Thank you for playing!!"-Screens with the saves of flashCards,wich work with FF CC : RoF?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
[COMMENTS TAKEN FROM ...]

LOL. Being that site, I'm not surprised at all...
unsure.gif

PS: Edited. Better not publicise it...

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thebobevil said:
pristinemog said:
Just got the Thank You screen using the save posted on GBAtemp :[

Using the R4DS, by the way.

Well, looks like I was sadly correct about the whole save thing.

Why the HELL don´t you try to convert your Save-File with that Converter-Site nad try to start it with a R4/M3 Simply?
mad.gif

Instead of posting here f****** shit ...

B4mV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no "thanks for plying" sreen after 4 hours
blink.gif

i have a R4 Card
yaynds.gif

and i have a german DS so it's proberly the ds ?!
ohmy.gif

and no people in german have that problem,so the people that is asked...

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zerrix said:
thebobevil said:
pristinemog said:

Why the HELL don´t you try to convert your Save-File with that Converter-Site nad try to start it with a R4/M3 Simply?
mad.gif

Why don't you bite me?

I posted one of my save files for people to test ... the game works fine for me.

Where do you get off swearing at me, you clown?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zerrix said:
thebobevil said:
pristinemog said:

mad.gif

F****** shit like your post? Why can't you do it instead of spamming this thread? It's amazing how people overreact over a bloody game...

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
So far after one hour i've got no nag screen anymore from my G6 lite. ( i put the file to sav.0 .1 and .2 and from 0 to memory )

I also tested various things from emulators ( ideas and No$Gba ).

I add a single nag screen after coming back from the Big city into the caves and defeating the skeletons behind the magical doors. After 50 minutes .... So i guess it is till possible to get some later.

After further tests from the same backup i was not able to reproduce this single one again ... so far ... now over one hour ...

Perhaps some slot 2 cards will work in memory like the G6 lite and others failed at next disk access ?
As a last suggestion if it fails for you try to put the file as read only...

Weird isn't it ?

I guess this is no really a special protection but save issues with some cards i will not dig further since my interest in hacking a game is more than low ... i'm just curious about new schemes... and i like digging into ressources.

I wait the European version now and i'm on the way to BUY IT since my son appreciates the game very much ^^

So people if you really like a game because you spent lot of time on it please just Buy it ! Some people are working hard for it !

If you dislike some games ... i understand ... don't even talk about them : Don't waste your time there is a lot of good homebrew made by nice people all around ;-)

Check my signature ;-)

That's my final word ! Happy gaming everybody !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo