DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
most likely one of us will find it and test it- so keep updated on this topic

/the r4 team will fix/ hopefully happens there are some people here who think its impossible

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
achikochi said:
So I have an R4 but have never come up against this before. Does someone just need to make a new Rom that is R4(and other card) friendly? And how will I know it is the one. Any help here would be great. Thanks.

We are all waiting to see what someone comes up with ... whether it be new firmware for the carts, or a patch for the rom, or whatever.

That's sort of the core theme to this thread
wink.gif

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkSpace said:
A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a type of function that takes as input a data stream of any length and produces as output a value of a certain fixed size. A CRC can be used as a checksum to detect alteration of data during transmission or storage.
-From Wikipedia
If this definition is correct than the reason that the glitch happens is because somewhere along the way the R4/M3 patch it or alter the data in someway, on the otherhand the unpatched mode cycloDS does not.

Remember Earlier when there was news of Nintendo going after R4, they easily could have been experimenting on an R4 and it's firmware and proceeded to create something against it.

archindivide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ViRGE said:
thebobevil said:
jgu1994 said:
go185 said:
Its not a bug, its flashcart detection.

It is a bug. If it was a FC detection, cyclo would be affected too, but it's clearly not.

The CycloDS runs 'clean' (unpatched) roms, as does the AceKard, the EDGE & the no$ emulator ... that is why they are unaffected.

How many times do we have to repeat ourselves?

It...detects...patching.

Carts...like...the...R4...and...M3...Simply...auto...patch...the...roms...some..
older...carts...require...the...rom...to...be...pre...patched...by...proprietary
..software...that...is...why...they...are...affected.
Uhh just so we're clear, every last flash cart patches, every single one of them with no exception. Openchip, the author of the no patch tester wrote up a very good and concise explanation as to why this is:QUOTE
There is nothing Slot-1 makers can do, the Slot-1 protocol requires valid data be present on random reads within 4 microseconds.
Only NOR flash or ROM is that fast, NAND flash response time is also too long (about 12 microseconds)
If this is protection against flash carts (which I don't believe it is), it's not using a foolproof method of checking for patching. You could certainly make an argument that it's checking for patching and doesn't catch the CycloDS though.

this is something that i did not know about but it makes perfect sense, this only means that cyclods, m3 real, etc. are only using a different patching and eventually they will be out of date as well, so as long as people are making games there will be kernel updates,patches,etc. for everything that allows those games to be playable, so dont just run out and buy a new flash cart yet cause chances are they will update the r4, etc. and everything will be all well and good again

[edit] also this means that its still patch detection as previously stated, it was just wrong of us to lump all patching processes into one general category

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they patch it, than it therefore is detectable as an alteration of data, thus the argument mentioned above would make that Korean hacker an idiot as he mentioned that the bug or copyright protection was basically a CRC check. A CRC check will look for alterations in data, so that can't be the problem.

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
um is it possible if we instead tinker with the r4/m3 firmware maybe delete the patching ? or replace with the working cart's firmware.

dont flame me for this-just a suggestion im not really so smart on these things

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think we have gotten to the point where speculation no longer matters ... we have speculated the hell outta this thing.

Time to just see what does, or does not, happen.

For instance, let's see what happens next week, when this game launches in Europe.

archindivide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asuri said:
um is it possible if we instead tinker with the r4/m3 firmware maybe delete the patching ? or replace with the working cart's firmware.

i dont think that's possible, but thats just speculation on my part, if it was though that would be an interesting idea, but then wouldnt we all have the best firmware and not need to buy other plash carts and just get the cheapest one?

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
asuri said:

I get your reasoning, but I think they must need the patching or they wouldn't auto-patch.

GDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok lets get this straight IT IS NOT A COPY PROTECTION! Since at the beginning of the game I couldnt even start it. I updated my firmware and encounter the same thing.... But.... my friend who has a cycloDS never encountered this problem. So far its been dated with R4 and M3 but not CycloDS. Apperently this is a firmware bug....R4 and M3 are almost the same firmware there for the bugs.

It could also be the ones getting are European DSes wich is also a bug I noticed in M3s. Sometimes when your DS is european and the ROM is USA. The game freezes or gives weird bugs.... I hardly think this is a copy protection its a bug that inniates the end of the game wich I hade with Star Fox 2 on an emulator once. If you held start during a level change you suddenly got END SCORE ENTRY and CREDITS... So this is a FULL BUG in the ROM."

At DSfanboy

"ryan_90 said...

Actually it's not anti-piracy as many including myself first thought, its just a bug in the firmware that makes the game skip back to the ending, which would obviously take you back to the loading screens, anyone with an emulator has surely experienced this, it would happen in starfox 64 everytime you pushed the start button, so its simply a flaw in the R4 and M3 Firmwares although i should just say R4 since M3 is just a copy of the firmware, A fix should be out within the next few days anyways.

Truth is theres in absolutely no way Nintendo can stop the piracy since its impossible for them to tell if your using a flash cart or not, they both operate in the exact same way."

its discussed here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76897

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sleep.gif
' flame war coming okay ill try to make this even

square enix DID make a piracy protection BUT it is the fault that r4/m3's FIRMWARE has a BUG that patches the rom so the rom detects it

archindivide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GDragon said:
Ok lets get this straight IT IS NOT A COPY PROTECTION! Since at the beginning of the game I couldnt even start it. I updated my firmware and encounter the same thing.... But.... my friend who has a cycloDS never encountered this problem. So far its been dated with R4 and M3 but not CycloDS. Apperently this is a firmware bug....R4 and M3 are almost the same firmware there for the bugs.

It could also be the ones getting are European DSes wich is also a bug I noticed in M3s. Sometimes when your DS is european and the ROM is USA. The game freezes or gives weird bugs.... I hardly think this is a copy protection its a bug that inniates the end of the game wich I hade with Star Fox 2 on an emulator once. If you held start during a level change you suddenly got END SCORE ENTRY and CREDITS... So this is a FULL BUG in the ROM."

At DSfanboy

"ryan_90 said...

Actually it's not anti-piracy as many including myself first thought, its just a bug in the firmware that makes the game skip back to the ending, which would obviously take you back to the loading screens, anyone with an emulator has surely experienced this, it would happen in starfox 64 everytime you pushed the start button, so its simply a flaw in the R4 and M3 Firmwares although i should just say R4 since M3 is just a copy of the firmware, A fix should be out within the next few days anyways.

Truth is theres in absolutely no way Nintendo can stop the piracy since its impossible for them to tell if your using a flash cart or not, they both operate in the exact same way."

its discussed here

even if it is a bug you are explaining it completely wrong, and obviously just dont understand so just stfu

that's all im saying so goodnight bitches

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
archindivide said:
GDragon said:

At DSfanboy

"ryan_90 said...

its discussed here

even if it is a bug you are explaining it completely wrong, and obviously just dont understand so just stfu

it is pathetic that you join 4 hours ago looking for the answer to this problem. now you dont want it?

it was a small speculation but it still has some proof anyone with an emulator has surely experienced this, it would happen in starfox 64 everytime you pushed the start button,

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
asuri said:
archindivide said:
GDragon said:

At DSfanboy

"ryan_90 said...

its discussed here

it is pathetic that you join 4 hours ago looking for the answer to this problem. now you dont want it?

it was a small speculation but it still has some proof anyone with an emulator has surely experienced this, it would happen in starfox 64 everytime you pushed the start button,

I agree with asuri,I may still be in the newcomer group but at least I know the rules. Note has anypne used the no patch test on a Cyclo DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @AncientBoi I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a balloon you just blew up.
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Tell her to grow a pair. :rofl2:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played any Sega genesis games?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, you played any Sega genesis games?