1. gacktgacktgackt

gacktgacktgackt GBAtemp Regular

it irritates me that you say that assuming they don't have any right to make money out of the game that they developed and published...

jesus christ, get a grip

2. DarkSpace

DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    But the argument is this, it's the way that the CycloDS runs a cleanrom a game couldn't tell the difference, on the other hand SE could put in this CRC check in order to put this problem in in order to stop FC that patch from playing properly.

3. archindivide

archindivide Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i never said they were wrong for it, they are right to want all the money they can get for it, i mean it is a good game, i just dont see whats the point in saying its some kind of retardation when its really just people wanting to get paid for what they made

4. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

The CycloDS runs 'clean' (unpatched) roms, as does the AceKard, the EDGE & the no$ emulator ... that is why they are unaffected.

How many times do we have to repeat ourselves?

It...detects...patching.

Carts...like...the...R4...and...M3...Simply...auto...patch...the...roms...some..
    older...carts...require...the...rom...to...be...pre...patched...by...proprietary
    ..software...that...is...why...they...are...affected.

5. Moots

Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    45 pages....of arguing why the TFP error happens...........

Who cares why, we should be talking about how to fix it.

6. evadwolrab

evadwolrab GBAtemp Regular

Anyone feel like condensing what the deal is with this game? I get the impression something's going on but I'm not reading 45 pages of flaming. Sorry.

7. archindivide

archindivide Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes you are right but the main part of fixing the problem is finding out whats causing it, it just seems to me that people wont accept one clear and obvious reason and start trying to fix it, either way there are prolly some out there working diligently on it as we speak. the solution though has been said to be not so simple for this particular problem

8. Bob Evil

Well, Dave Barlow ... here's the deal, with this game ...

The game comes up with a screen that says "Thanks for playing!!", and resets the game, when you walk through a door in a dungeon, after a random amount of time playing.

This happens on some carts, but not on others.

See the home page of GBAtemp for a list of what carts it happens on.

That is it.

9. silent sniper

silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    since i aint gonna read 45 pages to find an answer, anyone know what the file size of the trimmed rom is (in MB)?

10. kreatosoupa

kreatosoupa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Reading the first post usually helps...

Anyways, it plays fine on my M3 Real. Gonna order the original tomorrow... This topic is lots of fun, though. [​IMG]

11. Sokonomi

Sokonomi Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Freaking mogs...

Anyway, is it at all possible for new firmware to deal with this? It seems a CRC check to see if the ROM is altered in any way will stop pertymuch any "old gen" flashcard dead in its tracks... This talk about the main file being heavily encrypted doesnt give me much hope on getting this awesome swag eighter.

Do you lot think someone can actually bulley the game into properly functionning? Or am I going to have to buy my first real game card? (Ill need one of those gay carrying bags to drag around extra cartridges if I do. >___

12. jdub

jdub Member
    Newcomer

United States
    mine is working super on my cyclo. only thing ive noticed is a glitchy looking line on the touch screen that pops up once in a blue moon. hardly even noticable. this could be cause from anything though. im about 2 hours into it.

13. archindivide

archindivide Member
    Newcomer

United States

14. Bob Evil

Despite "the message", I am still pretty far into the game ... I have 2 saves ... 1st save is around 3.5 hours of play ... 2nd save is around 6 hours of play ... I had some really long runs between "messages" ... I was lucky.

Wish I could buy this in my country, but it is not out for another week yet ... I will have finished it by then, anyway [​IMG]

Posts merged

15. ViRGE

ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

If this is protection against flash carts (which I don't believe it is), it's not using a foolproof method of checking for patching. You could certainly make an argument that it's checking for patching and doesn't catch the CycloDS though.

16. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Odd question. Didn't read some of the other 49 pages, but has anyone try playing a patched version on the CycloDS?

17. DarkSpace

United States
    From what I've read hopefully it's right, a CRC is a cyclic redundancy check. Am I right?

18. Bob Evil

Yup

19. DarkSpace

United States
    A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a type of function that takes as input a data stream of any length and produces as output a value of a certain fixed size. A CRC can be used as a checksum to detect alteration of data during transmission or storage.
    -From Wikipedia
    If this definition is correct than the reason that the glitch happens is because somewhere along the way the R4/M3 patch it or alter the data in someway, on the otherhand the unpatched mode cycloDS does not.

20. achikochi

achikochi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So I have an R4 but have never come up against this before. Does someone just need to make a new Rom that is R4(and other card) friendly? And how will I know it is the one. Any help here would be great. Thanks.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chronicles, Fantasy, Crystal