DS #2002: Professor Layton and the Curious Village (USA)

evilcode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have an issue with the game saving?

I'm using DS-X and when I tried to start playing again today, my only option was New Game. I was on the third or fourth chapter and had been saving regularly...

Eep.

Yes, I had the same problem with saving on the DS-X!! But luckly I hadn't played that long before finding out. I did the ARM7 fix and it was able to save properly afterwards

Thanks for the heads up!

Gimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
This game is good!!!!!!
First let me tell all those who think the theme is too childish, it's NOT!, the theme is perfectly tailored for that game.
Apart from that, the riddles are good!, I played today with my friends and they give that game an A+++ grade!

IMO the plot is interesting and the gameplay rocks (and original)!

amishsexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the .rar password?
cry.gif

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was so glad I checked GBATEMP before going to sleep so I could jump on this before the net went crazy trying to get it. I've been waiting forever for this to be released in the states and I'm glad it's finally here.

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was so glad I checked GBATEMP before going to sleep so I could jump on this before the net went crazy trying to get it. I've been waiting forever for this to be released in the states and I'm glad it's finally here.
Where did people hear all this hype? Ive never heard of this, not in magazeins, gaming sites, or anywhere. it only caught my attention cuz it appeared to me a kiddie game with 80 comments.
laugh.gif

legendofzash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with #42. I don't understand what I'm looking for here...I feel like I'm missing something simple. The one with the Camera and Case set.

Just think it through. If the camera + the case cost = 310 dollars and camera costs 300 dollars more than the case, how much would the case be?

The case costs $5.00 and the camera costs $305.00. Camera's 300 dollars more than the case and the case + the camera is 310 dollars. =D I was a bit stumped for a while too

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What's the currency you won for? There are a few puzzles, where I got the answer wrong at least twice, and thus I earned less of those. I wonder if it will affect the game later or not (ie Bad ending). It made me think of whether to cheat (quit without saving and going back to the same puzzle (which you already know the answer to).

I guess, blazing through this game should not be a priority with this game, If you get stuck on one puzzle, turn off the game and come back to it later. After all, looking up the answer in the Internet would defeat half the fun. Only after you really are stumped should the Internet be considered. There's a finite amount of puzzle (even with downloadable content), and the next good game is still sometime away... so must as well savor this as long as possible, one sip (puzzle) at a time.
wink.gif

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Downloading as we speak. I've waited centuries for this game. Terrible. How Terrible NoA is. Someone should slap Reggie for being such a pompous president of Nintendo.

LOL. It sounds like reggie should slap you in the face instead
tongue.gif

Downloading the rom and then whinge

EDIT: Anyway, does any one get 'Z' and 'S' at the end of some of the game's dialogues?

linFox

Trophies
Website
www.linfoxdomain.com
XP
Country
does any one get 'Z' and 'S' at the end of some of the game's dialogues?
I get S's, and I think someone else in the thread got w's.

Real nice game, I needed a solid game like this (barely touched my DS for a while). Finished the story in about 15 hours and now just two puzzles away from finishing every one of them in the game (not forgetting the Wifi of course).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works