DS #1804: My French Coach (USA)

Kachoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is a really cool thing to learn with, first couple lessons are just days of the week, months, numbers, and colours, then now im learning pronouns, I, you(feminine), you (masculine), he, she,we ,they, hello, good bye, etc. and im only on the fifth lesson. and i think theres either 16 lessons or more because the other tabs are unlocked.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw on GameFAQs that there are 'Level 2: Intermediate' games for both games for Europeans.
rofl2.gif

Also, where the hell is My German Coach. Stupid gamemakers. Can't even make another game with exact same things besides the vocab.
biggrin.gif

jesus_bon_jovi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For any other people using a G6Lite the game seems to load fine for me but then freezes when i try to record my voice. I got it to work by using Safe mode using 4.9d U-Disk Manager

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I took a year of French approximately 25 years ago. Maybe I should check this out to expand my knowledge of the language. Like...to actually re-learn what I was taught.

I know how to....

Count to 10 in French.

Say:
Une jolie fille. (a pretty girl)

Non parlay francais (no speak French
tongue.gif
)

So I could use some help. I mean, it IS the language of love....and I love GBAtemp, so....err....uhh......yeah, no real relation there.

I don't rem how to say 11, 12 or 13 in French, but I do remember saying the number 14 was incredibly fun to say in French for some reason. That roll of the tongue is a skill, to be sure.

People who have heard me speak the few phrases I do know in French say I speak it very well. Hey! I watched Pepe Le Pew on the old Looney Toons cartoons, I know how they sound.

rofl2.gif

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice to see so many replies to "omlette du fromage"!
god I loved that show.
there was an episode called "blink" or something, where one of his lights went out, and he had to get a new one... but there was no dialogue....
was brilliant.
now I wanna see if that's on youtube.

edit:
not that episode, but did find omlette du fromage. 7 mins.... enjoy.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
nice to see so many replies to "omlette du fromage"!
god I loved that show.
there was an episode called "blink" or something, where one of his lights went out, and he had to get a new one... but there was no dialogue....
was brilliant.
now I wanna see if that's on youtube.

God I loved Dexter's Lab. "omlette du fromage" is actually the only French I remember, and it's because of that show.
laugh.gif
But back on topic... french... coaching... yes.

kissifroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh my god! Guys your french is so poor
smile.gif

Trust me it's a real disappointment for french like me that try to learn and speak English in a good way when you're not even able to spell words properly ^^

We say: 'une omelette au fromage'
'une jolie fille' (a cute girl)
'salut grosse pute' (hi! bitch)

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Oh my god! Guys your french is so poor
smile.gif

Trust me it's a real disappointment for french like me that try to learn and speak English in a good way when you're not even able to spell words properly ^^

We say: 'une omelette au fromage'
'une jolie fille' (a cute girl)
'salut grosse pute' (hi! bitch)
Actually, "bitch" is "chienne" in french. "Grosse pute" (fat whore) is intended for formal conversation, such as when you're speaking to an old lady or one of president sarkozy's staff. Don't mislead our american friends!
tongue.gif

Gestahl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Lol, Hitto. Anyway, I got to the lesson 21, but the level of French is still very basic. The bits of grammat they "teach" you in this game is not enough to actually learn the language but could be useful if you're going to France and want to be able to say a couple of phrases ("Ou sont les toilettes", heheh).

Overall, the 'Mon Coach Personnel: j'enrichis mon vocabulaire' is much more useful if you're really into French.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
I don't rem how to say 11, 12 or 13 in French, but I do remember saying the number 14 was incredibly fun to say in French for some reason. That roll of the tongue is a skill, to be sure.
lul @ recent French class

lecture.gif

Here you go:

11 - onze
12 - douze
13 - treize
14 - quatorze

alternate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
"bitch" is "chienne" in french.

Literally maybe. Used to share a house with two Frenchie Stoodents and all they ever used was "Salope" - along with "baisé ta mère" as a stock comeback to any insult.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP