DS #1768: Showtime Championship Boxing (USA)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This actually ain't too bad. It's not great, but for a DSI game, it's tons better than most of the other tripe they release.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
liked it, kidna boring but in the overall it entretains
kidna boring but in the overall it entretains
kidna boring but in the overall
kidna boring
BoringBox.jpg

Next game please

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want a good boxing game for the ds... come on super punchout 2!

I've had an idea for a 3-game compilation of Punch-Out for the DS since the DS was launched. The NES, SNES and arcade versions of Punch-Out in one cart for the DS.

The NES and SNES versions could add an option of using the touchscreen to play....and they could have a "remix" mode with better graphics.

The arcade version could just be arcade perfect. I mean, it's already a dual-screen game. It's never been released to the public officially (except in the arcades and emu's like MAME) and the DS is uniquely suited to its dual screen nature.

But of course, Ninty would rather make Mario crap game number 82658290 instead and we're left playing this game out of desperation for a decent boxing game.

P

pasc

Something my father might like
smile.gif

EDIT: This game is so lame I think not even he might.... DSI released Payback back in the GBA Days... nowadays they just put out crap 99.9 % crap DS Games are their games, I guess.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The review in gamespot echo's my thoughts. They gave this 2.5 ou tof 10

Pro:-
One of the boxers is named Fancy Dan.

Cons:-
Horrible, sometimes missing animations, Brain-dead AI, Stylus controls are imprecise and frustrating, Crowd noise is terrible, No career mode, next to no customization.

Their overall comment was

Hmm, a punch to the groin or one more round of this DS boxing game? Hang on, we're still thinking...

DSI doing what DSI do best in my opinion, produce crud like this....
hate2.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
We need Hajime No Ippo DS... would be way more fun than this DSI crap! SCREW YOU DSI!

god damn yes! want ippo!

Man... And this is the very first boxing game made for DS anywhere in the world.

It's too bad Hajime no Ippo GBA didn't get an English version. I haven't heard of someone looking into it.

Yeah i heard the gba one wasn't bad at all! i played it a little but too much japanese put me off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place