DS #1538: Power Rangers: Super Legends (USA)

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
allright, I'm biting the bullet and trying this... memories of the snes game won me over.

edit: okay.. it's not so bad... it wouldn't hold up if it wasn't power rangers, though
side scrolling beat em up, with alright controls, a short top down shmup, mid second level... yeah, I'll play it.

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I play both SNES power rangers from time to time on my DS. Right now I played 3 missions for far for this game, and it seems a bit easier then the snes games (I still cannot beat Power rangers the movie game for the snes). The beat 'em up part of this game really lacks compared to the SNES games, but I did find the one flying part fun for this game.

I'll say this game is a good pick up and go type of game.

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, Power Rangers... AWESOME!

I'm gonna try this just for kicks... If only for nostalgia
biggrin.gif

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how nostalgic....

hmm since where in a "power ranger" topic can somebody tell me
the timeline, like the 1st power ranger up to the current.
and its spinoffs if you dont mind guys.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
edit: okay.. it's not so bad... it wouldn't hold up if it wasn't power rangers, though
side scrolling beat em up, with alright controls, a short top down shmup, mid second level... yeah, I'll play it.
You just made my interest for this game rise by 50%.

The previous 50% was for the older generations in it
nyanya.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the white ranger on this? I remember i wanted to be the green ranger, then he disappeared and became the white ranger and i was like OMG WHITE RANGER! Sit back as everyone reminisces over possibly a crappy game.

BTW THE SNES ONE ROCKED!

Kuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Def gonna try this out...who can refuse a game that brings back such wonderful childhood memories?!

I still have the original Megazord and Dragonzord =D

Did you know the actress who played Trini died back in 2002? =(

ca82686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LIES! Power rangers never die, they go to join Zordon in his big blue tube hes in.

original power rangers rule all, they have yet to make anything that compares with the originals awesomeness *thinks to SPD's big blue dog thing and kat person, although she was pretty* you just cant beat 4 word songs, thats all you need or monk chanting then WHITE RANGER TIGER POWAAAA, WHITE RANGER TIGER POWAA, TIGER POWAA RIGHT NAOOOO. I didnt know rita died though, lord zed did it. or alpha.

The game does look interesting though, and the SNES games were teh wins. Wii version for teh wiin also? ha, i have all the toys upto like, the ninja zords or whatever the movie things were. I think i stoped at turbo rangers, because, it, started going downhill XD

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is rita still the bad girl on the series?
links-rita.jpg

No, she's not. Also the actress that plays her died a while back too. Sucked when I found out. :'(

Did you know the original yellow ranger play by that asian chick died a dew years ago as well...

Is she supposed to be big? She looks really small.. Well at least in that picture.

~Nero

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I used to be a fan of Tommy, the original green ranger. Shocking, I know. Plus, irrespective of license, I actually enjoyed Ninja Storm on GBA. Perhaps it's because I had access to a hard copy, but in all honesty it wasn't too bad.

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Ok I have played this for a bit now, and well its great for the memories. As a whole it is pretty ordinary.
Three parts to the game, 80% is a very boring and repetitive side scroller. You can punch/kick weak monsters (the putty's), or use a sword to take out the more tougher baddies. You also have a gun but it only stuns enemies.
15% is made up by is a vertical flying shump, its a nice distraction for the main part of the game, but again not the best overall and for the most part each time I have played it which is 4 times now it is pretty much the same each time, only a little harder each time due to more enemy fire, which doesn't even need to hit you just get in your general vicinity to kill you.
The remaining 5% is by boss battles in the zords, this is actually alright, you use the control pad to move out of the way of incoming fire and you touch the screen to fire. There is also an inclose mode which happens when the enemy jumps towards you, here you slash across the screen to attack certain body parts or draw a circle to defend. Waring it takes a fair while to get to the first main battle, you are warned ;D

haven't finished the game yet these are only observations from two hours or so of playing, the game might get better later on, Ill let you know if I decide to keep playing.

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, Trini and Rita died some time ago...
frown.gif

I was a fan of Tommy too as the Green Ranger then he became the White Tiger! I swear, he never gets sick of the franchise. He came back to play as the Black Ranger in one of the newer series. The actor's name is Jason David Frank btw.

Best Episode was the Red Rangers' get together episode, where all of the red rangers teamed up to fight against some evil monster.

as awesome as the originals were, I still think the Jap versions the Super Sentais (w/c the Us versions were copies of) is still a tad better
biggrin.gif
even though I don't understand them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay