DS #1474: Crash of the Titans (USA)

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
crash bandicoot its in good hands right now...

at least they´re trying something differente with this...

as with spyro you know that both these games are not the best platformers
but are very ok.

the good thing its that there arent platformers around at this times...(well the movies ones are awful)
as much as they used to be and the last crash games (twinsanity and tag team racing) were very nice games.

spyro´s last game was also very nice.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have also preferred the old approach.

There's some carelessness in this game by the way. One instance is that when you get one of the brown/gold masks (The kind that appears at the top of the screen for a short period of time) the graphic for it spinning at the top is corrupted slightly.

That and some sound/graphic issues (cutting out).

I really dislike the punch/kick approach so I will be removing this from my M3DSS.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OMG what is going on , this game is actually quite good, I wasnt expecting it to be this good, visuals are better than alot of N64 games I have played and there is alot of voice acting and a nice amount of help with the game without actually getting in the way...

A good crash game on the DS...... you bet

I'd give this a solid 8/10 ( so far ) and def 9/10 for graphics.

Nice one and a bit of a suprise....

yaynds.gif

Not had any corrupt graphics so far, it may be the dump or lag from the card, would be nice for more people to report on this....

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
This game is pretty cool as a stand alone game, you will be disappointed if you expect it to play like the old Crash Bandicoot games. The graphics are awesome, as said. I don't know if it is just me, but this game is insanely hard, maybe it is the small screen, I have had a hard time figuring out the distance of the platform I was to jump on, they are not even visible sometimes, (ie. when you jump high, I can't expect where to land on, and keep dying.), that is even when I am only at the first few levels. The "blow" control is pretty interesting at first, but it gets tired after a while and I just wish there is a button for it instead.

Anyway, it is a pretty fun game, frustrating at times but I will be keeping it on my R4 until I get really bored of it.

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not too bad, and I kinda like the hijack thing. Though jumping and landing is hard to judge cause theres no shadow to follow. Still enjoying it though, enough to finish it at least.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
Ok I'd prefer if this was like the PSX games, sorry but I'm a retro head and I miss those sort of games but so far it appears to be a pretty good 3D platformer...which is very rare for the DS and very welcome.
I agree with that, like that new Spyro game that just came out, pretty much looking like the PSX version. I think the best Crash for PSX was 3.

joghuj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm...looks like a 5.0/10 kind of game

Is this one good?

Me too.
Same question.

I'll try this tonight... I don't know what to expect. It could be good, but it could also be very mediocre...

Well it could either be like Pac-man World 3 or be decent at best.

That's some of the first posts on this thread, I know I don't post much but can someone tell me what anyone can possibly learn about the game in question from any of the above remarks. Seriously, why bother posting stuff like that. Don't get all arsey either, it's just an honest obvservation.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. it seems i share the same thought as quite a few of you guys on this new game...

where is the spin?! where are the crates?! where are all the boiiing boiiing!? who is this impostor pretending to be crash?!

so... i deleted it after a few lame punches and kicks.
i want my old crash back T_T.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played a few levels and enjoyed it very much. It took a while before I understood the "taking control of the enemy" thing...but after that it worked quite well, but you really have to choose when to use that, because when you have to jump far it's not useful at all.

I thought the graphics were quite good, not impressive, but it does the job pretty good and the worlds are nice and colourful.

Also I think the presentation is done very well and I realy like it that all the text in the game is backed up by voice-overs.

Allthough I have not played this through yet I dare to give this game a 7.5 (in Dual Screen Radio terms: a stylus up
wink.gif
)

AFO

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can buy the ability to spin, lol... so you can still use that old attack.

just get enough mojo points to purchase upgrades.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did he grope you as well