DS #1458: ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat (Japan)

TsukoyomiMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I got a shitload of homework.
I need to do it quick...
after I get from guitar class...
Fuck
Tried it for 10 minutes, great game

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow insane ROM size...

No joke! Just trimmed it -- which took literally five minutes to process -- and it's still 246MB in size. Yeesh!
wtf.gif

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woah, I only heard about this game last month or so.. wasn't expecting it so soon. It looks pretty and there are a lot of FMV bits at the start. A lot of voice acting stuffed in too which is cool. The tiny zoomed out 2D sprites on 3D surroundings look a little weird. Haven't gotten too far yet but I'm a bit disappointed its just like most other strategy/tactical RPGs.

These new DS video codecs are impressive though. Common Square, you've remade/ported FFs 1-6.. time for 7
biggrin.gif

DavePS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow insane ROM size...

No joke! Just trimmed it -- which took literally five minutes to process -- and it's still 246MB in size. Yeesh!
wtf.gif

If your trimmer takes 5 minutes to trim something of this size, you need a new trimmer! Shouldn't take more than a second
Indeed, try NDSTokyoTrim, it did the job for me in less than half a second.

Still, it's indeed about 246 MB. I wanted to try it more, but it was so huge that Zelda and Chibi-Robo didn't fit anymore. So screw that game, I'll play the US version.

It looks really nice btw
bow.gif

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just finished Chapter 4, and I like it even if I don't really like S-RPG's. Maybe because this have only S-RPG like moving thing and RPG like fighting system. Gotta play more tomorrow since my cats are too cuddly on this time. If they don't get attention, they gonna destroy all what they ever can...

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow insane ROM size...

wtf.gif

If your trimmer takes 5 minutes to trim something of this size, you need a new trimmer! Shouldn't take more than a second
Indeed, try NDSTokyoTrim, it did the job for me in less than half a second.

Still, it's indeed about 246 MB. I wanted to try it more, but it was so huge that Zelda and Chibi-Robo didn't fit anymore. So screw that game, I'll play the US version.

It looks really nice btw
bow.gif
I seriously doubt you can trim a ROM into a new file in half a second. Modifying the file, okay, but not creating a new trimmed file.

tanooki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I disagree this game isn't that fun. The controls are annoying because they made all the choices tiny so it takes me like two taps to do something.
Now why would they combine tactics with dragon quest like battle.. at the very least make it a combination of tactics and tales of phantasia like battle.
The fmvs are good and thats about the only good thing. Also theres some voice overs!

res1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get a message that the saves are corrupt and that i won't be able to save whenever I select a save slot trying to save. I'm running on a DS-X, does anyone know how to solve this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT