Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, this is a really early release, as it is delayed. I'm going to enjoy this. I even enjoyed the Japanese version without understandable instructions
biggrin.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only beat the first island so far but I must say, it's pretty good.

Albeit, the graphics may look a little fugly at times, and the first boss battle was stupidly easy, but the fresh new gameplay and fluidity of movement through the levels makes me forget about all that!
happy.gif

BTW, never played King of Swing, should I go back and give it a try now? (I don't want to disappoint myself with a lesser prequel game)
sleep.gif

thebugsdontbothe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 12 2007, 12:31 PM)]I only beat the first island so far but I must say, it's pretty good.

Albeit, the graphics may look a little fugly at times, and the first boss battle was stupidly easy, but the fresh new gameplay and fluidity of movement through the levels makes me forget about all that!
happy.gif

The last boss was a PITA. Just when you think you're done beating one boss another one is there and that one was bitch.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Sep 12 2007, 12:31 PM]I only beat the first island so far but I must say, it's pretty good.

happy.gif

The last boss was a PITA. Just when you think you're done beating one boss another one is there and that one was bitch.
Yeah, I just beat the second island boss Toy-Kremling-Head-Thingy and he roughed me up a lot more than the first. I imagine the final one is an ass, as are all of DK's final bosses...
laugh.gif

BTW, on the second island, there was this stupid dual-screen-mirror level that was annoying as fuck...

...please tell me there are no more of those in the game...
sleep.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no more mirror levels as far as I know guys. I'm basically finished the jap version so I doubt there's anymore. there's a really annoying jetpack level though
frown.gif

richufc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Played the first couple of levels last night. Is it just me or are the screens messed up. The one that should be at the bottom is at the top and vice versa. Or is it just my DS/Supercard SD playing up?!?!?

franko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Played the first couple of levels last night. Is it just me or are the screens messed up. The one that should be at the bottom is at the top and vice versa. Or is it just my DS/Supercard SD playing up?!?!?

To fix the switched screens with Supercard SD you need to use the option Enable Patch Cartridge Access in the low setting

Here's more info (for the JP release, but it also works with the US one)
http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=11140.0

richufc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Played the first couple of levels last night.  Is it just me or are the screens messed up.  The one that should be at the bottom is at the top and vice versa.  Or is it just my DS/Supercard SD playing up?!?!?

To fix the switched screens with Supercard SD you need to use the option Enable Patch Cartridge Access in the low setting

Here's more info (for the JP release, but it also works with the US one)
http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=11140.0

Will give that a whirl. Thanks for the tip.

Edit - it works! Hurrah! Thanks.

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting a black screen on the R4DS with this game..
Everything has been working perfect, but I just got to the Chill 'n' Char Island, the 2nd part (4-2) Snowful Slope.
And soon as I try to load that place, it just stalls on the black screen, I can load any other level, etc without any problems.

Has anyone else had this problem with this game? is it a R4 problem? game problem?
I'm using a cleanrom unpatched with arm7, i'm going to try it on a different card and try patching it with arm7 in a bit, and update it.
wacko.gif

Edit: arm7 worked on the R4, so not sure if other's will have this problem if they didn't apply the arm7 and get to the same level. Or if I was just the unlucky one.
Working though
yaynds.gif

SwiftD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how I can get this game working on my DS X-Treme ? I get an error message saying "Unable to read game data. Turn the power off and reinset the Game Card." I've got firmware version 1.1.2

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a pretty decent game. Some of it is fun, but challenging and it's a unique concept for navigation. I can dig it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Minox @ Minox: @cearp Depends on whether drinking in public is legal or not in my experience