DS #1142: Brain Buster: Puzzle Pak (USA)

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or homebrew. There's tons of great homebrew puzzle games. Word Up!, New Caisses, War Of The Weeds and all the different sorts of sudoku and those clones.

...word is bondage...

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haven't played this one but just wanted to mention I'm playing Puzzle Pack 5: Slither Link (a game which is featured in this pack as well) and it's quite the fun puzzler. Better than sudoko imo.

shingyau

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow - so this is the first version of Slitherlink (rated 10/10 Eurogamer) available in English? Can anyone confirm this is in fact the exact same version that's in Puzzle Pack 5?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow - so this is the first version of Slitherlink (rated 10/10 Eurogamer) available in English?
It is.

QUOTE said:
Can anyone confirm this is in fact the exact same version that's in Puzzle Pack 5?
It's not. Puzzle Series Volume 5 is far superior, both in controls and number of puzzles included. This is a totally different game, it just happens to have the same type of puzzle game in it, along with several other types of puzzle game.

Here's a basic translation of the menus & options in Puzzle Series Volume 5: SlitherLink, courtesy of Baochan. Just play that one instead.
http://i18.tinypic.com/6exgw7a.jpg

shingyau

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not. Puzzle Series Volume 5 is far superior, both in controls and number of puzzles included. This is a totally different game, it just happens to have the same type of puzzle game in it, along with several other types of puzzle game.

Here's a basic translation of the menus & options in Puzzle Series Volume 5: SlitherLink, courtesy of Baochan. Just play that one instead.
http://i18.tinypic.com/6exgw7a.jpg

Thanks so much for that Destructobot, I think I'll be steering clear of this then, and going for the Jap version instead. Cheers
smile.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This game only has 350 games AFAIK
(100 Sudoku, 100 Kakuro, 50 Slither Link, 50 Nurikabe, 50 Akari (aka Light On)

Beat All Slither Link, All Nurikabe, All Akari, 60 some Sudoku and 80 some Kakuro in one night. The game is way too easy and short

The most difficulty Light On barely takes 20~30 seconds, Nurikabe about 50~70 seconds, I suck at slither link but still most were less than 2 minutes.

Stylus control is fine, except it is picky about double tapping a line to make a X or removing in slither link but you can drag around 0 to mark Xs instead of tapping 4 times.
Nurikabe has similar problem with slither link, but since the box is bigger it isn't as frustrating
Sudoku control is great
Kakuro is just about the same as puzzle series
I didn't have problem with Akari either, there was some problem of marking two conesecutive cells with lights because of drag instead of multiple touch feature, but it's conveniant to mark lights around 4 or dots around 0 so it evens out.

It's more like a sampler than hardcore puzzle game. A great game if you can't figure out how to play some puzzle games, you can grab this one try different games learning with English tutorial, and 50 puzzles that will get you used to the rules. Then grab the Japanese puzzle series game of the ones you liked, for more challenge.

I completed all puzzles in Puzzle Series Vol 12 Akari, and then never replayed it. After playing this I had the urge to put it back and play again. My high score is already awesome but Akari is sooo fun~ I don't mind replaying it. It's more logical to me than Nurikabe or Slither link, things branch out too often without hint, Brain Buster doesn't have that "try thing out and cancel the whole thing" system so it was a bit down.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have to say I enjoy this game... the akari is my favourite... too bad i completed them all. the only control problems i have is on slitherlink, which i find very hard!
ohmy.gif

yeoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually bought this game. Just supporting the publisher.
... Probably was a bad idea.
I finished every Akari puzzles in less then thirty seconds each and I basically stopped after that, as I was only interested in the Akari puzzles...

haha.
frown.gif

I imported the Puzzle Series Hitori and Akari games a while back and had quite a bit of fun with those, and I was half-hoping there would be at least some semblance of difficulty in this game too. Guess not. Catering to an american audience?
frown.gif

Oh well. At least I can always turn to my nikoli subscription for more puzzles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...