DS #1140: Enpitsu de Oku no Hosomichi DS (Japan)

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
One should have this stylus to get the "enpitsu" feel lol...
afuckingpencil_fuckfuck.jpg

DigitalSilence

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would like to see a foreign language learning "game" with voice recognition, something like this...

Swordfish

(Japanese symbol for swordfish, traceable)

Japanese woman says, "Kotobuki".

you say "Kotobuki" into mic etc.

never gonna happen i guess...

butaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ya, wish i was japanese and needed to learn english, or math, or any subject since there are sooooo many games for that, we will probably never see these useful games in the english speaking world, well i shouldn't say never since there are "some" brain age learning type games but still.....

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The voice recognition on the DS is simply not robust enough to handle that.
There is no voice recognition built into the DS. It has to be implemented in software, so how good it is would be variable depending on how well the functions are programmed. I'm pretty sure the DS could do basic single word recognition, especially in a situation like DigitalScience described where there wouldn't be any other demands on the system at all. It might not be able to detect problems with accent, but it would be able to recognize that you said the word more or less correctly.

...word is bondage...

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ehm we have English Training for the DS and voice recognition works pretty good on that one if I remember right

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Other games have simple voice recogntion too. like 0499 - Shaberu! DS oryouri navi. But I doubt we'll ever see complex recognition like whats found in Vista, or Dragon Naturallyspeaking. in 0499 i noticed that if i said another but similar word, it would still pick it up..

ganesh2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the only thing that bothers me is that i am waiting for the release of the ontama rom , since it was released as a real cartridge one week ago.

I canot wait anymore
frown.gif

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dragonnaturally speaking does that too... unless you train it for like two weeks,try and transcribe something...

"the pig road wig thump exaggerate" is one example of my attempt with dragon
frown.gif
even after extensive training it sucks.

my experience with the ds is limited to phoenix wright; when it lets you yell Hold It! you can pretty much say anything that has the same pitch variation...think singstar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU