DS #0983: Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (USA)

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm really enjoying this game alot, it's quite refreshing
wub.gif

damiussus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the card battling is required, but so far it hasn't really been anything other than for bosses. But it's really well done. Great visuals.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just beat bebuzzle form 2. The minigames get ALOT harder in that area, but the ones after in the OMGSPIOLERS ocean are easier. Lame.
Still real great tho, a must download title.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yeah, the leaves is a bitch, but if you draw the lines right at the top of the screen (push the stylus against the screen casing) you'll get a straight line each time which really helps.

lol, i will have to try that because i really hate that game
frown.gif
everytime i draw a line for him to jump up the chocobo still falls down! what i do is draw one big leaf and then a small on underneath it and he jumps up quickly.

Are card battles required or an optional part of the game?

I hate having to do card-related stuff in FF games... bleh!

i don't know, i haven't gone that far yet, i thought the cards were just for collecting and that's it.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excellent Game. It's just some of the micro games are sooo hard!
frown.gif

There are quite a few that I cant get Gold ranking on.

The cards are required for at least 6 battles that I have seen so far.

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

sipoon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeah, the minigames are hardcore, i don't see how kids can play this game... For the bomberwall i got down to 17:52, but that's about it

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow! this game is actually good, i expected a dulled down kid game, but the graphics and gameplay is great. The card battle system is also very good, easy to learn and not complex like yu gi oh, but still requires strategy.
The minigames flow quite well in the story mode and have very hard times and scores to beat.

GET THIS GAME IF YOU LIKE;
Yu-Gi-Oh
Final Fantasy
Paper Mario
Pokemon

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually got 15:42 on bomberwall...

I am having problems with Job Juggler and the Lucky Pots minigames.

There are also a couple others that are making me MAD! XD

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow! this game is actually good, i expected a dulled down kid game, but the graphics and gameplay is great. The card battle system is also very good, easy to learn and not complex like yu gi oh, but still requires strategy.
The minigames flow quite well in the story mode and have very hard times and scores to beat.

Yu-Gi-Oh
Final Fantasy
Paper Mario
Pokemon

i would not say final fantasy because its nothing like it. however the games quite good and its enjoyable seeing a good old chocobo.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I played this for a few hours. It's alright. Awesome presentation, but it's mostly mini game stuff and some are incredibly frustrating. The card battles kinda suck, but I haven't done many of them.

One thing that pisses me off in this game are invisible walls. coupled with the stylus control when your're running around the map is a pain in the ass, but I can't use the D-pad cos mine is a launch lemon one.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I beat this game and loved it.
Some of the minigames were a bit too hard, i beat most of them, but i couldn't beat level 5 in battle mode of some of the books (just 2-3 of them i couldn't beat it in)
I got at least silver on all microgames, and i have about 95 cards.
I loved the card game, and i've played over wifi a few times, i win about 75% of the time.
smile.gif

I would recommend this game, the minigames aren't really minigames either, at least not crappy ones like Rayman: Raving Rabbids
tongue.gif

Though, does anyone know how to open the whale-shaped chest? PM me with details if you know, i've beaten the game and done 97% of all the minigames but it's still locked.

EDIT: Got a 8.3 at IGN

Wow! this game is actually good, i expected a dulled down kid game, but the graphics and gameplay is great. The card battle system is also very good, easy to learn and not complex like yu gi oh, but still requires strategy.

Yu-Gi-Oh
Final Fantasy
Paper Mario
Pokemon

i would not say final fantasy because its nothing like it. however the games quite good and its enjoyable seeing a good old chocobo.
I like 3 of those
tongue.gif

Prowler~1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. I'm about 5 hours into the game, and I'm at the final book right before the water crystal. As soon as I choose to begin the story, the book makes the sound effect of it opening, but never actually opens--then it locks up.

I'm using 1.02 firmware on an Simply M3--anyone run into this problem on newer firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1